Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jewelry Store Fail

Banned

Jewelry Store Fail

Jared, at GLX apparently didnt like open carry very much. Let's see them point the sign out to armed robbers and see what it gets them.

Banned
    I would say that this sign is a dangerous ordinance.

But you really have to admire the way they're Trying to make it look like they are quoting a section of Michigan law...... without actually quoting anything or giving a citation to anything. That takes Talent.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Jared, at GLX apparently didnt like open carry very much. Let's see them point the sign out to armed robbers and see what it gets them.

those signs are at every jared in every state and they pre-date the OC movement, at least in its current, more public form. i emailed them about this silly policy after their sterling heights store got held up. i asked them how the policy was working out for them... all i got in response was a blank email. they are VERY anti.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Banned
    I didnt see a sign last fall when I went in there OC, nobody said anything. Im sure if such a strongly worded sign were in place at the time, it would have come up.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    I didnt see a sign last fall when I went in there OC, nobody said anything. Im sure if such a strongly worded sign were in place at the time, it would have come up.
    You have money to spend at a Jewelry store?

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    i don't know about GLX, but the pittsburgh and sterling heights stores have had those identical signs for years and all jared locations have been listed on the MCRGO unfriendly list
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Centurion

Yeah, like the average HS dropout THUG has the reading comprehension to read and understand that bunch of gobbledegook!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Nope, even if I did, I wouldnt buy any.

good thing reading is not my strong point.lol

No habla ingles.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

You know, I was just about to rob this store with my gun, and then I saw this sign on the door. I had to turn around. I mean, no guns means no guns, right? Signs like this are going to put me out of business!

Quote Originally Posted by kubel View Post
    You know, I was just about to rob this store with my gun, and then I saw this sign on the door. I had to turn around. I mean, no guns means no guns, right? Signs like this are going to put me out of business!
    lmao......

Banned
    lol.

The sign can only cost them money, if we go there, see the sign, we will leave. If an anti goes there, sees the sign, they are already there, they dont gain. If a thief sees the sign, cha-ching.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ignorance-ignorance-point-of-view-la-la-la-la-demotivational-poster-1258905282.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	6669  

Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Just diamonds for his night sites...

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    Ignorance isn't just a point of view anymore... for many it has become a thing to be proud of and way of life.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

We have a jewelry story here in the Milwaukee area (Robert Haack Diamonds) who plans on putting up signs. He keeps saying how "we need to work together to find the best option." We've had OC forever and there have been a number of people who have carried in that store. What we've told him a number of times is, if he puts up a sign and something happens in his store, he can and will be held liable. Oh, and he says is pro-gun/rights.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...their-position...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    No habla ingles.

Bronson
    What? C'mon guy speak american.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    Just diamonds for his night sites...
    If I want something nice, I'll save up pop cans to get it, if thats what it takes. Its a long process.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up +1

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    We have a jewelry story here in the Milwaukee area (Robert Haack Diamonds) who plans on putting up signs. He keeps saying how "we need to work together to find the best option." We've had OC forever and there have been a number of people who have carried in that store. What we've told him a number of times is, if he puts up a sign and something happens in his store, he can and will be held liable. Oh, and he says is pro-gun/rights.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...their-position...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...LEO-Encounters

Thanks for post & links Protias. Whenever I need a morale boost I shall watch the Penn & Teller videos, they give me hope for OUR/"We the peoples" country I will use them also to sway some of the gun control people I know. {fat chance, but have I to try.} It is hard to have a factual conversation with someone who can only speak in terms of "feelings" & "fears". A history forgotten is a history that shall be repeated...
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...LEO-Encounters

Thanks for post & links Protias. Whenever I need a morale boost I shall watch the Penn & Teller videos, they give me hope for OUR/"We the peoples" country I will use them also to sway some of the gun control people I know. {fat chance, but have I to try.} It is hard to have a factual conversation with someone who can only speak in terms of "feelings" & "fears". A history forgotten is a history that shall be repeated...
    You are welcome.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    You are welcome.
    ok way off topic here but whats that video where the chic gets away with murder, it has something to do with RAS and probable cause?? yea I know, but still I can't remember what it is! thanks guys and girls!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    ok way off topic here but whats that video where the chic gets away with murder, it has something to do with RAS and probable cause?? yea I know, but still I can't remember what it is! thanks guys and girls!
    No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Yeah, like the average HS dropout THUG has the reading comprehension to read and understand that bunch of gobbledegook!
    Whew, glad I carry a pistol.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast