• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jewelry Store Fail

stainless1911

Banned
Jared, at GLX apparently didnt like open carry very much. Let's see them point the sign out to armed robbers and see what it gets them.

PICT0120.jpg

Fallschirjmäger

But you really have to admire the way they're Trying to make it look like they are quoting a section of Michigan law...... without actually quoting anything or giving a citation to anything. That takes Talent.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
Jared, at GLX apparently didnt like open carry very much. Let's see them point the sign out to armed robbers and see what it gets them.

PICT0120.jpg
those signs are at every jared in every state and they pre-date the OC movement, at least in its current, more public form. i emailed them about this silly policy after their sterling heights store got held up. i asked them how the policy was working out for them... all i got in response was a blank email. they are VERY anti.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
I didnt see a sign last fall when I went in there OC, nobody said anything. Im sure if such a strongly worded sign were in place at the time, it would have come up.

i don't know about GLX, but the pittsburgh and sterling heights stores have had those identical signs for years and all jared locations have been listed on the MCRGO unfriendly list

kubel

You know, I was just about to rob this store with my gun, and then I saw this sign on the door. I had to turn around. I mean, no guns means no guns, right? Signs like this are going to put me out of business!

rvd4now

You know, I was just about to rob this store with my gun, and then I saw this sign on the door. I had to turn around. I mean, no guns means no guns, right? Signs like this are going to put me out of business!

lmao...... :banana:

protias

We have a jewelry story here in the Milwaukee area (Robert Haack Diamonds) who plans on putting up signs. He keeps saying how "we need to work together to find the best option." We've had OC forever and there have been a number of people who have carried in that store. What we've told him a number of times is, if he puts up a sign and something happens in his store, he can and will be held liable. Oh, and he says is pro-gun/rights.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ert-Haack-Diamonds-responds-to-their-position...