• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jewelry Store Fail

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
+1

We have a jewelry story here in the Milwaukee area (Robert Haack Diamonds) who plans on putting up signs. He keeps saying how "we need to work together to find the best option." We've had OC forever and there have been a number of people who have carried in that store. What we've told him a number of times is, if he puts up a sign and something happens in his store, he can and will be held liable. Oh, and he says is pro-gun/rights.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ert-Haack-Diamonds-responds-to-their-position...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-for-all-Firearms-Carriers-and-LEO-Encounters

Thanks for post & links Protias. Whenever I need a morale boost I shall watch the Penn & Teller videos, they give me hope for OUR/"We the peoples" country ;) I will use them also to sway some of the gun control people I know. {fat chance, but have I to try.} It is hard to have a factual conversation with someone who can only speak in terms of "feelings" & "fears". A history forgotten is a history that shall be repeated...

protias

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-for-all-Firearms-Carriers-and-LEO-Encounters

Thanks for post & links Protias. Whenever I need a morale boost I shall watch the Penn & Teller videos, they give me hope for OUR/"We the peoples" country ;) I will use them also to sway some of the gun control people I know. {fat chance, but have I to try.} It is hard to have a factual conversation with someone who can only speak in terms of "feelings" & "fears". A history forgotten is a history that shall be repeated...

You are welcome.

protias

ok way off topic here but whats that video where the chic gets away with murder, it has something to do with RAS and probable cause?? yea I know, but still I can't remember what it is! thanks guys and girls!

No idea.

Onnie

Jared, at GLX apparently didnt like open carry very much. Let's see them point the sign out to armed robbers and see what it gets them.

PICT0120.jpg

they belong to the Sterling Jewelry group out of Ohio, not friendly at all to OC

some other Stores in their mist, Ostermans (sp), Kay and Rogers

I did some "visiting" in some of their stores a few weeks ago, talked to them about it at the local level, not even interested in listening. In fact at one store my wife came to visit me so we could go out to lunch, they tried to get her to buy something, my wife does not buy cheap jewelry, she looked at something and i mentioned to the same counter gal, no guns, no sale

wife looks up at her and said sorry, nothing i can do about it, not in those words, but in a poke and jab at me, but it got the point across

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I don't know if I would say we should do this or not, but I always fantasize about having a little educational fun with stores like this. Send wife in to pick out beautiful diamond necklace. She explains to the salesman that you are parking the car and will be joining her in a minute. She looks a few necklaces over and picks out a nice one saying: "Now where is that husband of mine?" Finally, you come in (OC as usual) explaining how hard it was to find a good parking spot but that you're glad she's picked out her birthday present. You pull your NRA credit card out of your wallet. Either the salesman now mentions the sign on the door (which you apologize for not seeing as it had so many words and you were in a hurry) or your wife points it out or you just now notice it, or something. You apologize again, put credit card away and you both leave the store without a purchase.

PDinDetroit

Stainless, with all your postings about Drugs lately and now Diamond Encrusted Firearms, you must be from this group right here...

Pimp my shooter: The amazing bling guns that belong to Mexico's drug lords

Mexican soldiers have seized an arsenal of gold-plated and diamond-encrusted weapons believed to belong to the Valencia gang, allies of the powerful Sinaloa drug cartel and, it seems, fans of hip-hip excess.

Showing just how flamboyant gang members spend much of their ill-gotten wealth, pictures show how most of the 31 'pimped' pistols found in a raid on a home in western Mexico had gold or silver-plated grips or were glittered with diamonds.

Three of the assault rifles are almost entirely gold-plated and there was even a silencer plated with gold. One particularly image-conscious gangster has made his pistol unique by adding rows of gaudy red and green jewels and a Ferrari logo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-diamond-encrusted-firearms-raid-gang.html

Do you think you could get one with a Fiesta Logo?

:dude: