• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tacoma contractor interrupts burglary, shoots perp

Metalhead47

Figured this would be up by now:

http://www.kirotv.com/news/28894856/detail.html

A burglary suspect was shot late Wednesday morning in Tacoma after a contractor interrupted a burglary in progress, police said.

[QUOTEOfficers said the wounded suspect then fled to 39th and North Stevens streets, where police found him lying on some grass and suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest.He was transported to Tacoma General Hospital. Police said his injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.][/QUOTE]

How the heck does he get shot in the chest & it's not life-threatening??

CheerfulHoplite

[QUOTEOfficers said the wounded suspect then fled to 39th and North Stevens streets, where police found him lying on some grass and suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest.He was transported to Tacoma General Hospital. Police said his injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.]

How the heck does he get shot in the chest & it's not life-threatening??[/QUOTE]

He got shot with a so-called "mouse gun"? :) But seriously... "gunshot wound to the chest" covers a fair bit of bodily territory, some parts of it (nearly) instantly deadly, other parts "deadly after a few minutes of bleeding time", and still other parts "Probably a pretty bad inconvenience, but you ain't gonna die from it unless it gets infected".

JoeSparky

Centurion

[QUOTEOfficers said the wounded suspect then fled to 39th and North Stevens streets, where police found him lying on some grass and suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest.He was transported to Tacoma General Hospital. Police said his injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.]

How the heck does he get shot in the chest & it's not life-threatening??[/QUOTE]

Not very much super vital OUTSIDE the imaginary line from the nipples. May get a collapsed lung which can indeed be fatal but is very easily treated.

TechnoWeenie

Just loved the biased reporting.. 'turned violent when the contractor pulled a gun'...

Silly me, I thought it turned violent when the 'alleged burglar' tried to run him over.....

sudden valley gunner

Well I suppose I could have used any of a number of other four letter words to refer to the offender, but this board is s'posed to be family friendly.

:rolleyes:

I don't think Green was -1 your comment and use of words.

A lot of contractors carry guns. Many without "papers" they just do it. There are a lot more armed people out there than the sheeple and media realize.