• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Breakfast at the Pancake House 9-17-11.

XDFDE45

So the updated list looks like this

me obviously :p
protias
TaurusToter
MKEgal
Paul and Nancy
FarmerGreg

I plan on getting there about 15-20 minutes early to let the manager know and put in for 9 people so we have enough seats in case Jason and Jenn(i)y do make it. So you all there.

MKEgal

FarmerGreg said:
I like how you say mostly!!! LOL
Bit of hassle / attitude / volume from one employee (after we'd been seated for maybe 20min & had already ordered),
who was trying to pass himself off as either the owner or manager, but was neither (cash register guy),
and wanted us to believe that his views were company policy,
and lied to us about other customers leaving (manager told a completely different story),
then tried to lie his way out of trouble when the manager intervened as we started to walk out.

The problem was addressed by the manager on duty (who was very welcoming).
At least, mostly addressed.
Instead of apologizing as ordered, cash register guy tried to give excuses for his bad behaviour.
Held up the line to lecture us, including trying to tell us we were scaring people.
(If that's true, wouldn't he want to process us out as fast as possible?)

The rest of the staff were fine as usual, & our server was quite friendly.
The food was, as always, tasty & plentiful. I think they make pretty much everything from scratch there, other than obvious stuff like bacon.

Some other diners came up to us outside to ask questions about carrying.
Looking forward to the DEC meet-n-eat here.

Jason in WI

Sorry I couldn't make it :cry:. I really wanted one of their delicious omelets, I just couldn't get away. I even told my old man I'd buy if we could run for breakfast quick, no dice!

Sucks they had a bad-apple employee :mad:. The couple of times we went there was problem free, wonder if he's new? Oh well, as long as management was on it. I can assure anyone thinking about coming to the next one this is out of the norm, we have been treated very well the other times we went by staff and customers alike.

Hopefully my schedule should get halfway back to normal and I can start attending all the events again. Heck, I just wish I could get out on time one of these Fridays and make it to Lizzy's :).

XDFDE45

Yeah it was a little weird today.

I called on the way there to let the manager know that I was on my way and planned to have about 8-9 people (didn't check before I left to see that Paul and Nancy couldn't make it, sorry :(). The manager who I had originally talked to was off today so the girl who was on duty manager today, Ely(i)se was very nice when I talked to her on the phone. So I arrived a little early to let them know we were there and waited for the others to get there. We get seated and are waiting for someone to take out order, took a while to get to us. The waiter takes our order and we are just sitting chatting with no brandishing or waving of guns around ;). About 5 minutes later someone comes over who I thought was one of the managers or maybe even the owner. He starts off polite but then his boxers REALLY got in a bunch. He made it sound like he was okay with the 2A but then he reveals his real belief on it. He says people were freaking out because we were OCing and that some had left and said they wouldn't eat at a place that allowed people to carry guns. I told him that I called earlier in the week and talked to the manager who she was fine with it since we had eaten there before. She even left instructions for who would be the manager today so that she knew that a bunch of crazy gun people would be eating breakfast today. So he keeps getting worked up and then I believe MKEgal asked if he would like it if we would leave and he says yes. So we all stand up as one and are getting ready to leave and he is STILL going on
icon_rolleyes.gif
so we try talking to him and then Ely(i)se comes over and asks what the problem is. We explain that the guy said people were freaking out and that he would like us to leave. From what I gathered there was one couple who were a little on edge but she explained to them and things were okay. She then says we are welcome to stay. So we eat our food and as usual it was outstanding. Didn't notice anyone shifting in their seats or leaving in a huff. Go figure.

Then as we are paying the guy was at the cash register, which I realized then was his job. He starts to apologize and says "You can tell I'm just a little bit liberal." Dude, what was that give away
raisedeyebrow.gif
. I even remembered him from the last time that we were there for breakfast. He starts going on about he has bee working there for 7 years since they opened that store and he didn't want to lose customers because people were carrying guns in there. I explained that once the CC law goes into effect that people will still be carry with the only difference being that you won't be able to see the guns.

So other than the run in with the cashier guy it was a good meal as always. We are probably going to do this again on either December 3rd or the 10th.

Almost forgot to mention. When we stood up to leave and were arguing with the cashier guy just about the whole place went silent and all eyes were on us. We didn't raise our voices or anything but it was still pretty funny :lol:.

Last edited:
M

McX

good play!: 'we stood up in unison to leave'. The lefty should have left, polite and caring armed citizens showed extreme sensitivity by offering to leave, the populace got to sit and see it all unfold before them. I am also always impressed on how grunts can claim authority, he will remain a cashier probably for the rest of his life, at least until a robber sticks a gun in his face, despite his objections.

Damn, i miss all the good stuff!

Jason in WI

Almost forgot to mention. When we stood up to leave and were talking with the cashier guy just about the whole place went silent and all eyes were on us. We didn't raise our voices or anything but it was still pretty funny :lol:.

FIFY

Funny how the only time there is a "disturbance" or "problem" with people carrying it's most always caused because someone who hates anything to do with firearms or the police *cough-culvers5-cough* make something out of nothing?

Thanks for relaying the whole story. Sounds like you guys represented us open carriers well.

MKEgal

XDFDE45 said:
Yeah it was a little weird today.
Brian, dude, 4 words: Wall Of Text. Paragraphs. :lol:
And you haven't told us if anyone commented on your latest gov't agency impersonation.
(Other than me, & I didn't know what it was. Where's the 'clueless' smiley?)

McX said:
Damn, i miss all the good stuff!
LOL Some of us were thinking the same thing about the Madison incident.
This was much less stressful.

McX said:
polite and caring armed citizens showed extreme sensitivity by offering to leave
I told Elise (manager) that M*** (cashier) told us other customers had left because of us,
was obviously very upset himself,
we didn't want to upset anyone or cause any problems,
& since he asked us to leave (or, at least, responded to our offer to leave if requested by requesting we leave*) we were leaving.

None of us raised our voices or "tended to provoke a disturbance".
M*** sure did.
Why didn't he get arrested for DC? :mad:

* I probably shouldn't have offered to leave. Since we'd established by then that he wasn't the owner or manager, we should have asked for the manager. Would have been less dramatic for all involved.
Sorry 'bout that, guys. :uhoh:
OTOH, the other customers saw that we were peaceful & nonconfrontational, & the employee was overruled by the manager.

Last edited:

protias

* I probably shouldn't have offered to leave. Since we'd established by then that he wasn't the owner or manager, we should have asked for the manager. Would have been less dramatic for all involved.
Sorry 'bout that, guys. :uhoh:
OTOH, the other customers saw that we were peaceful & nonconfrontational, & the employee was overruled by the manager.

Well, he did say he was the manager, then inferred he was the owner, then said it doesn't matter who he was (story keeps changing, surprising how that happens with...). Regardless, he was out of his authority and I'm glad Elise stepped in.

amaixner

After his semi-apology at the very end, I would have invited the cashier to the shooting range for a free introduction to gun safety and use. Sounds like there just might have been a little opening in his mind there because of your good behavior!

M

McX

I'm just a little bit liberal." Dude,

my response; Dude, where's my car?