Thread: Obama give reason to buy guns!!

Obama give reason to buy guns!!

did anyone see this? i just saw this on facebook, and i've included the link to the story...

http://networkedblogs.com/lQi7t?a=share&ref=nf

i think that's all the more reason to carry + have an extra mag if you don't normally.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

It doesn't need to be a "lone wolf terrorist" for yoou to be prepared to defend against. Or at least since we do not regularly call muggers and robbers and rapists "terrorists".

Saying we need to be prepared for "lone wolf terrorists" but not for the rest of what life has to offer is like saying I need a fire extinguisher in case lightening strikes my house but not for any of the other ways a fire could start in my house.

But if saying that will get someone who is not already thinking about the fact that they are on their own for protection until the cops get there to take statements, draw chalk outlines and write up reports, then let's let him say that.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    I think that the talk of "lone wolf terrorists" is to divert attention from the fact that there are large, well-funded, anti-American, anti-Liberty, anti-capitalism, anti-Christian, anti-Jew, pro-Islamofascist groups out there who will try to pull off another attack the size of 9/11 or larger.

Yes, lone wolves, like Hassan, will pull off small attacks. However, the real fear should be those who want to bring down this bastion of Liberty with a spectacular attack. Lone wolves from within are the proper purview of law enforcement and should be handled with law enforcement tactics. Large-scale threats which, with near exclusivity, emanate from without, are the proper purview of our national defense structure and should be handled with military techniques.

The biggest problem that we have today in dealing with terrorists is that our leadership is too willfully ignorant to see this distinction.

All that said, the OP has a good point. Had the folks at Fort Hood been armed, they could've easily dispatched Hassan with many fewer casualties. Oh...wait...it was unlawful for them to be armed.

I'm of the opinion that to Ocrappa and his cronies everyone who's not a lazy whining leftist sheeple who kisses Obonehead's feet is a "terrorist".
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

I stopped reading when I encountered the following bit of propagandistic disinformation:

Snyder said, ďObamaís been an anti-gun politician from the get-go. His administrationís behavior in the Justice Departmentís scandalous ATF Operation Fast and Furious, now the subject of an ongoing congressional investigation, shows he still is. So does the administrationís attempt to do an end run around Americansí Second Amendment rights by its promotion of an anti-gun United Nations Arms Trade Agreement.
    Shame on you, Snyder. There are real threats to our 2A rights. Focusing our attention on fantasy ones doesn't do those rights any good.

All of the fear surrounding the small arms treaty with the u.n. is unfounded. There are not 67 senators that would vote to ratify it. Should we keep an eye on it? Sure. Should we be in constant fear of it? No.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I stopped reading when I encountered the following bit of propagandistic disinformation:

Shame on you, Snyder. There are real threats to our 2A rights. Focusing our attention on fantasy ones doesn't do those rights any good.
    to tell you the truth- i didn't even see that. i've seen that "UN gun ban treaty" for the past 2 years, and i've done research on it. that treaty can NOT override our 2nd amendment. it's impossible because our constitution is the law of the land, not a treaty....

before you tell me it says "and all treaties made...", you need to take a minute and read it. it DOES say that, but it also has wording that says the treaty must line up with the constitution.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    All of the fear surrounding the small arms treaty with the u.n. is unfounded. There are not 67 senators that would vote to ratify it. Should we keep an eye on it? Sure. Should we be in constant fear of it? No.

it doesn't matter if it's ratified- it will have no bearing on our law in the US. read the constitution.

The UN anti-gun bs is doa in the Senate, even if the Arkansas Sow gets her way. Obooba is and always has been anti-liberty--most certainly including the 2nd. I don't see this as disinformation at all. It is all true, but I agree neither presents a real and present danger. I'm surprised at your comment.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    it doesn't matter if it's ratified- it will have no bearing on our law in the US. read the constitution.
    I understand that treaties are only valid if they are in line with the Constitution. With the way that the feds have disregarded the Constitution for the past 100 years, they will attempt to enforce it if it is ratfied.

I know the Constitution

See post #9

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-the-law-again
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    I understand that treaties are only valid if they are in line with the Constitution. With the way that the feds have disregarded the Constitution for the past 100 years, they will attempt to enforce it if it is ratfied.

I know the Constitution

See post #9

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-the-law-again

why should i spend all that time looking up all that stuff if it's not going to matter? until someone that is a CONSTITUTIONALIST gets in to EVERY single seat in congress and the white house, this country is going nowhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    The UN anti-gun bs is doa in the Senate, even if the Arkansas Sow gets her way. Obooba is and always has been anti-liberty--most certainly including the 2nd. I don't see this as disinformation at all. It is all true, but I agree neither presents a real and present danger. I'm surprised at your comment.
    It's disinformation because, even were there political support for such a measure, a treaty is not constitutionally permitted to override the bill of rights.

It's disinformation because, even were there political support for such a measure, a treaty is not constitutionally permitted to override the bill of rights.
    Agree. See where you were going now.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Snyder makes some great points, but his prose is all over the map. He verbiage needs an editor.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    ...He verbiage needs an editor.
    QFI*

*quoted for irony