• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms Sales Co LLC in Ivor, VA

Lincoln7

*UPDATED* With post card info!

OC'd to a few places this afternoon: The Fishin' Hole in Wakefield, Guns and Guitars in Ivor, and Firearms Sales Co LLC in Ivor. The first two locations had no issues but then I entered Firearms Sales LLC off Rt460.

I was there for <1 minute when one of the employees says "If you're not law enforcement you're going to have to unload that". I responded with a "Really?" He stated "Yes". I replied "I thought you supported the Second Amendment". He stated "We do, we just don't allow carrying of loaded firearm in my store". I said "Okay, have a nice day" politely as I walked out the door. I looked more closely for any signs out front and sure enough: -No loaded firearms inside store -No use of cell phones inside store. It is certainly his right to have these rules but it is as such mine to ensure he never sees any of my money. I also question his support of the Second Amendment. The situation was peaceful and polite. I am pondering whether this place is 'postcard' worthy.

Further, did he really believe it would be safer for me to unholster, handle, and manipulate my firearm rather than it stay in a holster with a thumbbreak strap over the top?

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Definitely postcard worthy. What a silly policy. Of course, this issue has been discussed before. How hard is it to make a sign that says "Do not un-holster loaded firearms." Problem solved. What's up with the no cell phone rule though?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Definitely postcard worthy. What a silly policy. Of course, this issue has been discussed before. How hard is it to make a sign that says "Do not un-holster loaded firearms." Problem solved. What's up with the no cell phone rule though?

No cellphones means no last-second setting up of a "flash mob" robbery. Folks are getting very scared of that happening.

Either that or they are worried you might have planted an IED and are going to use your cellphone to set it off?

BTW - when has it become SOP for gun stores to have less than two armed employees? (I'm not talking about big-box places but small, local shops like this one is.) (asking because I'm wondering if he was alone there.)

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Welcome to the world where the sky is blue, Deer taste good, dogs dump on the neighbors lawn and cute little coons, carry rabies.

Did you know Kerry was a believer in the second A. So is Obama and for that matter, so is Laurie Haas.

Just because someone owns a gun or a gunshop, doesn't make them a friend or brother in arms.
Gunshops are tough to keep in business. Spread the word and he'll likely serve you coffee at McDonalds soon.

SwooshTat

I was with Lincoln7 today, I was CCW though. It was < 1 min and we were confronted, so we didn't get much time to look around, but I did notice an older gentleman OC'n a revolver and talking with the same employee. I thought it to be odd that he was carrying and thought it was fine to unload before entering. Of course that was just an assumption... it looked more like he was part of the "good-ole-boy-network" and was probably not even questioned when he came into the store. In the brief moment we were inside the store we did notice that their prices were a bit on the steep side as well.
I would like to see a postcard sent "with love" of course... and I will make sure that anyone I know removes them as an optional place of business.

Lincoln7 was right on point with his 2A comment to the employee, polite and direct... and we promptly left.

TFred

Never actually had the chance to do it, but I'd always want to throw in a little "Wow, you must be doing really well to be able to afford to kick out customers over such a stupid policy. Salut!"

TFred

Lincoln7

Never actually had the chance to do it, but I'd always want to throw in a little "Wow, you must be doing really well to be able to afford to kick out customers over such a stupid policy. Salut!"

TFred
That's really good, and exactly how I feel, too. I will certainly remember that line.

Blk97F150

According to their website they are a member of "CCRKBA (Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep & Bear Arms)". I guess that only applies to 'unloaded arms'. :banghead:

Or maybe they think the Second Ammendment really states: '..the right of the People to keep and bear UNLOADED arms shall not be infringed.' :eek:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
How many places have that "Member BBB" decal on their window/door? Or better yet, the head shop in Carytown has one of the FOP* stickers on the door.

Just because you pay the dues to the organization doesn't mean much. It's all in how you behave.

stay safe.

* FOP = Fraternal Order of Police for those that didn't know

TFred

Sollozzo: If you consider a million dollars in cash merely finance...
[raises his glass]
Sollozzo: Te salut, Don Corleone.

Hee hee...

TFred

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
FriendOrFoe.us said:
Negative Experience - 9/21/2010

Does not allow the carrying of loaded firearms inside building. Large sign posted on front door.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but glad to see they've been pegged as anti since last year.

Lincoln7

Sorry for the delay but I was able to send a post card. My apologies to Ed L. for using his work as a template.

Attachments

• Post card front.jpg
    Post card front.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Post card back.jpg
    Post card back.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 234

1000ydshooter

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va
I have to respond to this tread. Iam a longtime friend and longtime customer to the ower of this gun shop.The reason for the no loaded weapons policy is because over the years of him being in business(around 20+) he has had people bring loaded weapons into the shop to sell or have repairs done and the were loaded (unsafe) and i do believe a couple of accidental discharges. So the sign is more for the customers of that type. It is nothing unusual to find me in the store having coffee shooting the breeze ocing my 1911 in condition 1. The no cell phone use is he is like me and alot of others that it is poor manners and just plain rude to use a cell phone while trying to conduct business.When i worked at bass pro part time i refused to wait on customers on cell phones, and the manger backed me. The older man you saw ocing a revolver was the owner.If you talk to him you will find he is as far from anti as you can get. It comes down to a safety issue and good manners issue.

Last edited:

Lincoln7

He did kick me out for OC a 1911 in condition 1 with a thumb retention holster. No questions, just told me to leave. It sure didn't sound like he wanted my business. I was dressed professionally and was well mannered so it was obvious (to me) that I was not some idiot with a gun.