• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man shoots dog story

Starrman

He went to a friend of his friends house to visit. Dog was outside. Ben asked to pet the dog, and the guy told him no problem he's a good dog. Ben went to bend down and the dog for no reason lunged and bit his lower lip. The guy also had a 3 year old daughter. The dog had never had an incident before. The courts had the dog put down. Ben had a great surgeon and recovered fine. I have noticed him step back from approaching dogs.

Starrman

If the courts had not ordered it put down, I would have done my part to make sure nobody else would suffer like Ben did. Poor kid had to suck his dinner through a straw for a month

MR Redenck

If the courts had not ordered it put down, I would have done my part to make sure nobody else would suffer like Ben did. Poor kid had to suck his dinner through a straw for a month

Remember the old story about kissing a snake and its still a snake. Thats how I feel about petting a pit bull. Their still a pit bull no matter who says different or how nice they say they are.
I will let kids play with my 3 labs all day long and never give it a second thought.

Starrman

I have 2 great danes, the male is 9 months at about 155lbs and would never give a second thought about them around kids