• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tri Cities Labor Day weekend meetup!

Freedom First

Owens Road, Saturday Sept 3rd starting cleanup at 10am then shooting 'till bored or out of ammo... As if. :p

A couple of you should be able to make it out there and I am going to invite some folks from outside OCDO. If you know others who are 2A types, or not, invite 'em. Just a shootin’ good time at Owens.

I will bring my old truck so we can fill it up with junk and I’ll run it to the dump when we are done. We have a 10’x10’ pop up for cover and a couple of stand up targets. I also have save up a box of old phones I would like to destroy. (Don't worry, we'll clean it all up!) Bring your own dingers… We will be laying out a couple of tarps for ground cover and brass catchers too.

You’ll need water, snacks, work gloves, trash bags, eye and ear protection and at least one handgun secured in a holster. And ammo. That would be good. Ammo helps with the whole shooting thing…

Since this is not an official OCDO event, long guns are welcome! ;)

Optional items: Free ammo for Freedom (he's poor and has too many kids), additional shade, a chair for each butt you are bringing, guns to share, etc..

If lots of people RSVP, I’ll bring my trailer for bathroom facilities…

amzbrady

Um, anyone online in the Tri-Cities? Hellooooo?

I have a couple of other non OC folks coming. Two of 'em carry at work.

I will be working 7am till 5pm. I have a coworker that came back from Iraq, whom I have gave a pamphlet to, and he has became interested in open carry. He might has finally found a pistol he likes. He will be off, Sat I will inform him of the meet and see if he wants to go out and meet up with ya's. I know he has been itching to go shoot, he just has been waiting to get his firearm.

Freedom First

I will be working 7am till 5pm. I have a coworker that came back from Iraq, whom I have gave a pamphlet to, and he has became interested in open carry. He might has finally found a pistol he likes. He will be off, Sat I will inform him of the meet and see if he wants to go out and meet up with ya's. I know he has been itching to go shoot, he just has been waiting to get his firearm.

Ya know Mike, the 9mm flu is reaching a pandemic state. Lot's of hourly workers are getting it... :rolleyes:

Freedom First

Hey guys, it looks like I will be able to be there, and I'll probably bring a friend too.

Great! Looking forward to seeing you guys! I was out there for a quick look-see and there will be plenty of junk to fill my old truck.

I have been finding lots of cool stuff (old phone gear) for shootin'.

FireFighterchen

Activist Member
I will be there at 9am because I have some work at 11:30. Ill need to leave by 11. My wife would of come but she works at 8am. I'll be bringing some of my guns, some trash bags, a rake, and a box for all the brass I can muster up that I think I could use as reloads!

Freedom First

I will be there at 9am because I have some work at 11:30. Ill need to leave by 11. My wife would of come but she works at 8am. I'll be bringing some of my guns, some trash bags, a rake, and a box for all the brass I can muster up that I think I could use as reloads!

Great! I'll meet you out there at around 9am. Sooner we get the mess cleaned up, the sooner we can shoot! I will be in the old Yellow Ford pickup.

cbpeck

Ok, 9ish then. That should be fine. My buddy would like to come, but won't be able to make it until 12:30 or 1pm. Should he even bother?

Freedom First

Ok, 9ish then. That should be fine. My buddy would like to come, but won't be able to make it until 12:30 or 1pm. Should he even bother?

I kinda doubt I will be still there at 12:30. I am figuring an hour or so of schlepping junk into the truck and then shooting for an hour or two. But, of course, since the range is public no one will be running you off. See you then!

amzbrady

I kinda doubt I will be still there at 12:30. I am figuring an hour or so of schlepping junk into the truck and then shooting for an hour or two. But, of course, since the range is public no one will be running you off. See you then!

I told the guy I work with about it a little while back, he has been discussing what he would like to get for a firearm. He asked me tonight for directions. Hopefully he can make and get a sense of what Open Carry is about, In the least hopefully we get another member. I havent seen him post here, but I have given him a flyer. He's a good guy to work with, I hope he comes out and makes himself known. I would like to be there too.

Freedom First

...And a great time was had by all.

Except for the targets... They thought the whole thing sucked.

Thanks to FireFighterChen, cbpeck, Jayd1982 and my friend Ryan for shoveling junk into my old truck and then tearing up the range. Jay brought a few nice toys to share and everyone got a bit of time with his "bumpfire" AR. That was fun.

We had good gun talk and of course some discussion on OC. Maybe the next trip should be a "public" invite event with flyers at the LGSs and maybe sponsored by "Tri-Cities Open Carry"?

In the end, the "bay" we were at looked much better but there is much work to do before the end of the summer. I'm going to swing by in a few weeks for another load of junk. Thanks again guys!