• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lemonade Freedom Day 8-20-11

Blk97F150

This Saturday is 'Lemonade Freedom Day'.... if you see any kids operating a lemonade stand, please stop and buy a cup from them (while carrying of course... to keep it somewhat on topic :D ).

http://www.lemonadefreedom.com/
SELLING LEMONADE IS NOT A CRIME
August 20, 2011 – Lemonade Freedom Day!

Recently, we have seen many news reports of lemonade stands being shut down by police and other government workers. When kids sell things, such as lemonade, they are learning some very important lessons. They are learning about money and about being an entrepreneur. They are also learning how to be a productive member of society. They are learning about responsibility. They are participating in free and voluntary trade with willing participants. Selling lemonade is not a crime.

On August 20, 2011, we are suggesting that everyone who has children, who believe in this message, go outside and set up lemonade stands all across the country. Even if you don’t have children, go out and buy some lemonade from a local child’s lemonade stand.

We need to stand up for our kids. We need to send a message to the world. Selling lemonade is not a crime!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So you heard Doc Thompson on WRVA radio ( www.wrva.com )? Or did you check the Richmond (Va) OC Breakfast thread?

But thanks for spreading the word. It is OC related - Other Causes. A well prepared lemonade being necessary to the enjoyment of a free State, the right of the Young People to set up and operate lemonade stands shall not be infringed.

stay safe.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
But who's going to teach them that if we keep going the way we are, it will be impossible to open a business without government permits, tax stamps, safety regulations and inspectors, waste-disposal regulations and inspectors, and so on?

</sarcasm>

Blk97F150

So you heard Doc Thompson on WRVA radio ( www.wrva.com )? Or did you check the Richmond (Va) OC Breakfast thread?

Neither.... and both. I think i originally heard it on Hannity (or perhaps Levin) a while back, then came across a article about it this morning at work. And of course saw it mentioned in the Virginia forum ;)

In the last few months it seems that I've read about several kids' lemonade stands getting shut down... so this topic has peaked my interest a bit.

rodbender

First I've heard of it. I will, however, be out and about looking for someone to buy lemonade from. I detest the stuff actually, but will take it to go, fake a taste, comment on how good it is and toss it out down the road out of sight.

Edit to add: Then I will go thru a car wash to get it off the side of the truck.

Last edited: