Thread: Tank Farm open house OC?

Tank Farm open house OC?

Anyone attended in previous years and know if they have any issue on OC?
    Have gotten an invite for this weekend... anyone else going?

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    Anyone attended in previous years and know if they have any issue on OC?
    Have gotten an invite for this weekend... anyone else going?
    I should be there w/family. Not sure what day yet... we have a TON of other stuff on the schedule for this weekend!

I CC'd there last year and don't recall seeing any signs/postings about firearms. I did not see any OC'ers there during my visit.

In case anyone doesn't know.... this is what we are talking about:
    http://www.nmaw.org/events/

Campaign Veteran
    Not sure about the Tank Farm event, but if you're heading up that way, there's an air show and hot air balloon festival in Bealeton that we are going to and you might be interested in.

Bealton's a lot farther from me.
    Ended up staying home, hurt my foot and couldn't do much walking on it.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bnkrazy View Post
    Not sure about the Tank Farm event, but if you're heading up that way, there's an air show and hot air balloon festival in Bealeton that we are going to and you might be interested in.
    Went to the air show today. Very grateful that bnkrazy mentioned it. Can't OC due to medical reasons, but kept looking for others who were.

Campaign Veteran
    I was there with the family but CC'd because it wasn't the only stop today. Missed the actual airshow. Got there around 5:30 this evening and watched 8-12 balloons take off. Plenty of planes flying around as well. Pretty cool event. I'm gonna try and figure out how to get a ride next year. Seemed like all the balloons were spoken for ahead of time...maybe people set up a flight earlier in the day and then met them back at a certain time. Was a fun time.

Sorry about your foot...hope it heals up soon.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    I was there with the family but CC'd because it wasn't the only stop today. Missed the actual airshow. Got there around 5:30 this evening and watched 8-12 balloons take off. Plenty of planes flying around as well. Pretty cool event. I'm gonna try and figure out how to get a ride next year. Seemed like all the balloons were spoken for ahead of time...maybe people set up a flight earlier in the day and then met them back at a certain time. Was a fun time.
    At 4, they still had several balloons with empty seats, and were making announcements. Rides were $200/person, though.

We'll be going back next year too. The airshow was wonderful.

Campaign Veteran
    $200 a person isn't terrible, but I think I'll probably try and get a bi-plane ride to get some shots of the balloons in flight next year.

Here's a link to a few I got this year. http://clickhappyphoto.smugmug.com/E...018767_ZqrFdC6

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    $200 a person isn't terrible, but I think I'll probably try and get a bi-plane ride to get some shots of the balloons in flight next year.

Here's a link to a few I got this year. http://clickhappyphoto.smugmug.com/E...018767_ZqrFdC6
    It's a shame you couldn't have OC'ed but at least you could carry there.
    Good pictures. Next time you might want to try using a polarizer. There are a lot of wispy clouds in the background and ti would drop you two stops for better color saturation and give the clouds more body with bluer sky.

I always remember that after I leave the filter at home
    Last edited by peter nap; 08-22-2011 at 03:50 AM.

Campaign Veteran
    I have a couple ND filters I use to kill ambient or for long exposures sometimes, but I haven't gotten around to picking up a CP that fits my larger lenses yet.

And, I probably would have OC'd if I had thought about it, but my CCW holster is pretty comfortable so I'm not always reminded it's there. I used to get reminded with an older holster and it would prompt me to switch back to OCing ASAP.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I have a couple ND filters I use to kill ambient or for long exposures sometimes, but I haven't gotten around to picking up a CP that fits my larger lenses yet.

And, I probably would have OC'd if I had thought about it, but my CCW holster is pretty comfortable so I'm not always reminded it's there. I used to get reminded with an older holster and it would prompt me to switch back to OCing ASAP.
    All my filters are 77mm which fits my largest L lens. I use step down rings to use it on all the rest.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    My family went to the airshow while I was teaching up in Pennsylvania. They had a great time.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/