• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st day of OC

YoungGun556

Today was my day off from work and since we had stuff to do outside of the house, I decided to OC. Only went a few places, gas station, grocery store, and another store. I was a bit nervous in the gas station(1st stop), my heart raced a bit. Nobody said anything, but I'm pretty sure everyone in the store noticed. Only person I noticed that looked any bit worried at all was a kid I know from school that thinks he's a real tough guy. He looked at my gun, then quickly at me, then back to the counter.

Next was Kings in Driggs, I've gone in there a lot so most the people in there recognize me and I didn't expect any problems. Wandered around for probably an hour, lots of people with kids in there and I was more worried about one of them saying something then I was the employees. Again, nothing about my gun said.

Last stop was the grocery store, Broulims. I was a bit hesitant about going in with my gun, only because I work there. But I decided to give it a shot knowing that about the worse thing that could happen was to be asked to disarm. Again, all went well, even talked to the store manager for a minute and I honestly don't think he even noticed my gun.

I guess I can't say this was my first time OC, because I do usually carry at night when I walk my dogs but its at a time that I never encounter anyone. So for my first OC experience with other people around, it went great!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Congrats on your first day carrying in public. Sounds like it went as it should!!! The more you carry the more comfortable you will feel so keep it up!!

ecocks

Grats! Now just be patient and work yourself up to where wearing is routine. As you get more comfortable, you'll quit feeling like everyone is staring at you or that you are attracting attention.

Come by our restaurant if you are ever down/over this way!

YoungGun556

Thanks guys!

carracer, I already do most of the time. I work 5 days a week and I drive from home to work and back home, which is about 30 minutes roundtrip depending on traffic, so I don't carry most of the week. I always have Sunday off and one during the week that I'm going to start carrying on.

ecocks, if I ever do make it over that way, I'll be sure to swing in. My family and I are actually moving to Texas soon, so I don't know if we'll make it that way before we head south or not.

hermannr

Young gun!!!! If you do in fact move to TX....REMEMBER!!! TX does NOT allow OC!!!! except on your own property, or property you are a guest on.

YoungGun556

Thanks, I saw that and actually signed the petition to allow OC. Hopefully it'll get through. I can't believe they don't have OC in Texas.