• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oh noooo Kids handling guns.... they should be at our club.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
From the article:

"Community organizer Attila Nagy, who took the photos, told FoxNews.com that he was concerned it might encourage kids to use guns in the future.

"My main concern is for kids who handle these things. They're fascinated by them, and it makes them familiar with guns," he said."

Are you KIDDING me?? Saying a kid handling a gun will encourage kids to use guns is the same as saying letting kids watch murder on TV will make them murderers. It might encourage kids to be interested in firearms which is a good thing as is being familiar with them. Letting a child handle a firearm removes that curiosity factor that kids seem to have. If they know what it is an what it does they will be less likely to go around playing with guns. They will also know not to touch and to find an adult if they encounter one. We need to be teaching our kids about guns, not hiding them. Antis drive me insane!!!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ignorance is dangerous. Knowledge is positive power for progress.

We should not teach our children about automobiles: the hazards, dangers and how to be safe with one. They might otherwise grow up to use one in a violent crime.......sheesh! :p

Bronson

While the following story is a complete fabrication it doesn't detract from the, very valid, principle.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

Bronson

mastiff69

Ya and the teach boy scouts how to tie knots & use a knife, sounds like they are all being shown how to be kidnappers to me,ohoh or future ted bunddy's.. turn off sarcasam now !

I was in the wolf den, cub scouts, boy scouts, military 6yrs played in the sand etc..., in my cilivian life never hurt anyone, etc....
stupidity breeds & the next generation is born, it is said it only takes 1 1/2 generations to go from freemen to servitude

Ps it is here NOW!

ElectricianLU58

mastiff, i was also in the boy scouts. i am an eagle scout. i had the rifle shooting merit badge.

the boy scouts seem like they have been watered down by modern culture, but they still have rifle and shotgun shooting merit badges. i do not foresee BSA getting rid of the shooting sports (marksmanship was one of the original 57 merit badges in 1911).

T1mH

The Swat team of the Kent county Sheriff did the identical thing a couple weeks ago for national night out at Celebration cinema south. I was working one of the booths. Fire departments were there, search and rescue, the mounted police, a bunch of other organizations. A bounce house and live band. Free food and give aways. They had people doing kid ID kits. It was a community awareness thing. The KC swat team had what appeared to be actual assault rifles, shotguns, and even a tear gas launcher laying on a table. You could walk up and pick them up. It was quite popular with the kids. At the time I thought it was odd. There were a lot of questions being asked about the guns and I didn't see any type of organized teaching going on. A couple times I saw a officer grab the barrel of the gun when someone would sweep the crowd with it and he'd make sure it was pointed in a safe direction. That was what made me think they were real and function-able. As much as I support having guns out in the open I think they need to be a little more organized about teaching proper gun handling whether the guns were inoperable or not.

stainless1911

Banned
,One of the lamest excuses I heard when dealing with the Waterford Schools was that I would scare the children. Not so, they are fascinated by it, especially the boys, who just think its cool, and do thier best to get a better look.

People who are afraid tend to move away, not move closer.

Last edited:

Baked on Grease

mastiff, i was also in the boy scouts. i am an eagle scout. i had the rifle shooting merit badge.

the boy scouts seem like they have been watered down by modern culture, but they still have rifle and shotgun shooting merit badges. i do not foresee BSA getting rid of the shooting sports (marksmanship was one of the original 57 merit badges in 1911).

Greating from Va. fellow Eagle!

My troop goes out of it's way to make sure EVERY scout gets rifle, shotgun AND cooking. (basic life skill, no excuse not to cook when they leave for college) We consider them to be required, and we take much flak from national for it. We don't force anyone of course, or pressure/coerce but we schedule those campouts well in advance to make sure every scout has the opportunity.

I've never nor probably will ever understand the need of these people to keep themselves and their kids completely in the dark about it.

Sent using tapatalk