Thread: Get together - Starbucks - Meriden - 8/20/2011 @ 14:00

Get together - Starbucks - Meriden - 8/20/2011 @ 14:00

I will be at Starbucks in Meriden (500 South Broad St) on 8/20/2011 at 14:00. If anyone like minded would like to get together, just show up. I don't think anyone here will have any trouble finding me.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=meride...psrc=0&iwloc=A
    Last edited by Rich B; 08-18-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Might just make that, Rich!

I'm going to be paint-balling at Hogan's Alley. Keep us posted, I'm sure you won't have any issues. Quite a few officers of Meriden PD know of "The Wallingford Incident."

I am not worried about 'incidents'. I don't plan to do anything illegal or questionable.

This a meeting/gathering of minds. That is a right that is not open for discussion by anyone.

I don't get out of work until 15:00, ARG (no, I'm not a pirate at work!).

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by KIX View Post
    I don't get out of work until 15:00, ARG (no, I'm not a pirate at work!).

Jonathan
    You can always txt me and see if anyone is still there...

Just might..... depends on when the truck is coming to help me put stuff in storage.

On the bright side, there is the CCDL picnic the following weekend!

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Well, we got one member of the forum, and we had a great conversation.

Interestingly, as my new friend walked out, a Meriden officer walked in, looked at my holster, walked by, ordered a coffee, used the bathroom and walked out.

So I would like to say to that officer (didn't get his name since we didn't have contact), thank you, you handled that perfectly. I hope this kind of non-contact reinforces what I have been saying for a long time now. My empirical evidence shows that open carry does not cause alarm. I was at that location for 2 hours. I saw a good 30 or 40 people go through and past me, and nothing but friendly and cool people.

So all in all, good first meeting. Even though it was two of us, it was worth the time.

Anyone who didn't make it: Your loss. Hope I see some more of you next time, coffee and firearms talk is a good time.

Glad it was an uneventful time, (as well it should).

But in all fairness, given a two day notice on this event, it was impossible to fit it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctclassic View Post
    But in all fairness, given a two day notice on this event, it was impossible to fit it in.
    Yeah, I know. I didn't expect much, but I met someone new, which works out even better.

And hey, experiencing OC around a police officer who returns the respect we show him is nice.

You know, I almost turned around to see what was going to happen as I passed the officer pulling in as I was pulling out. Good to know it was uneventful though!
    "Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter S. Thompson

Work and moving is killing me. You know I'm always down for a get together, hopefully we can do it soon.

We've got ohhh so much to chat about.

CCDL picnic next weekend.

Jonathan

Thumbs up

hey rich and kix and crew. count me on the next starbuck meeting ahead of time. i will be there. count on it. Alex carry on Easthartford. also rich good job and i also wanted to say to the policeman thank you for not picking rich(LOL!) THANKS Meriden P.D.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandZJ View Post
    You know, I almost turned around to see what was going to happen as I passed the officer pulling in as I was pulling out. Good to know it was uneventful though!
    Yeah, you just missed him. What are the chances of that?

It went just the way it is supposed to go, no big surprise, but the timing was incredible.

But, if you were wearing that pink shirt I got ya.........

Jonathan