• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get together - Starbucks - Meriden - 8/20/2011 @ 14:00

Rich B

I am not worried about 'incidents'. I don't plan to do anything illegal or questionable.

This a meeting/gathering of minds. That is a right that is not open for discussion by anyone.

KIX

I don't get out of work until 15:00, ARG (no, I'm not a pirate at work!).

Jonathan

KIX

Just might..... depends on when the truck is coming to help me put stuff in storage.

On the bright side, there is the CCDL picnic the following weekend!

Jonathan

Rich B

Well, we got one member of the forum, and we had a great conversation.

Interestingly, as my new friend walked out, a Meriden officer walked in, looked at my holster, walked by, ordered a coffee, used the bathroom and walked out.

So I would like to say to that officer (didn't get his name since we didn't have contact), thank you, you handled that perfectly. I hope this kind of non-contact reinforces what I have been saying for a long time now. My empirical evidence shows that open carry does not cause alarm. I was at that location for 2 hours. I saw a good 30 or 40 people go through and past me, and nothing but friendly and cool people.

So all in all, good first meeting. Even though it was two of us, it was worth the time.

Anyone who didn't make it: Your loss. Hope I see some more of you next time, coffee and firearms talk is a good time.

Ctclassic

Glad it was an uneventful time, (as well it should).

But in all fairness, given a two day notice on this event, it was impossible to fit it in.

GrandZJ

You know, I almost turned around to see what was going to happen as I passed the officer pulling in as I was pulling out. Good to know it was uneventful though!

KIX

Work and moving is killing me. You know I'm always down for a get together, hopefully we can do it soon.

We've got ohhh so much to chat about.

CCDL picnic next weekend.

Jonathan

Alex.EastHartford.

hey rich and kix and crew. count me on the next starbuck meeting ahead of time. i will be there. count on it. Alex carry on Easthartford. also rich good job and i also wanted to say to the policeman thank you for not picking rich(LOL!) THANKS Meriden P.D.

Rich B

You know, I almost turned around to see what was going to happen as I passed the officer pulling in as I was pulling out. Good to know it was uneventful though!

Yeah, you just missed him. What are the chances of that?

It went just the way it is supposed to go, no big surprise, but the timing was incredible.

KIX

But, if you were wearing that pink shirt I got ya.........

Jonathan