• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Comedy Works

JamesB

So I went to go see Christopher Titus at Comedy Works south tonight...

It seemed like everyone was checking out the Glock on my hip, but no one said anything about it. They stopped me at the door to the club and wouldn't let me inside...with my waterbottle. Then after the show when I went outside for a cigarrette, it happened. A confrontation. Dude came up and said, "Hey... got a light?"

I diffisued the situation relatively quickly by offering him my bic, but it was hairy there for a minute.

All of the staff there were extremely courteous, the food sucked, but the laughter was great. Highly recomended.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
That's funny right there. I don't care who ya are, that's funny. I'm just trying to figure out what was hairy in that confrontation.
Was the man who approached you especially hairy? There was a full moon and all. Or was the situation hairy, in which case one of you may have needed a visit to the barber. Or do you have a hairy lighter. I am bewildered.

Good thing the bouncers spotted that water bottle. No telling who you might have gotten wet with it!

Thanks for the good report, and I enjoy comedy shows. Just another place I've never thought about carrying before.
Then again, as I keep saying, I'm fairly new to the whole OC'ing thing.

Thanks again, and carry on amigo!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

mahkagari

So I went to go see Christopher Titus at Comedy Works south tonight...

I caught the second show last night. Good stuff. I CC'd though. Was wearing a leather blazer with the rain. And didn't realize unitl I looked for directions online it wasn't in Denver.

Then after the show when I went outside for a cigarrette, it happened. A confrontation. Dude came up and said, "Hey... got a light?"

I diffisued the situation relatively quickly by offering him my bic, but it was hairy there for a minute..

I've got the same question as M-T. What was hairy about it? The hairy part for me was stepping outside after the show and being unable to breathe through the cloud of smokers. Can't y'all like space yourselves out or something? ;)

All of the staff there were extremely courteous, the food sucked, but the laughter was great. Highly recomended.

Oh, gods, but did it ever. I had to work late in Boulder, get home to Firestone, pick my brother up in Arvada, and then get down to DTC. Didn't have time for food beforehand. With a 9:45 showtime, plus waiting for the orders to be taken, I was STARVING. Prices were typical overpriced yuppie fare. I got the buffalo tenders and this chocolate cake thing that was not what it was cracked up to be and just too sweet and rich. Fries were bland and I was 3/4 of the way through them before getting salt and ketchup. Dipped them in the ranch dressing while waiting. I had to pace myself waiting for my iced tea, so as not to miss out on half of my meal to dry mouth.

Some of the best parts were Titus putting a woman in place when she didn't like his Palin jokes.

And, M-t. It was a half moon.

TheLittleMan

Hey congrats!! you went out to a public place and didn't get harassed this time. There really is a first time for everything :p

Cesar A

Good times!

I agree with you on what the hairy part was... Everytime I am openly carrying and someone just suddenly steps up to me I get ready for anything:shocker:! Other than that sounds like you had a good time and no one bothered you so cheers for that!