Thread: Goose Creek residents

Goose Creek residents

I will be bringing a 50 year old weapon from my Dads house in Oregon to Goose Creek next year. I own a home there, and have intentions of getting a Concealed Carry permit eventually. I will be getting my latest weapons handling training ( at a SEAL team here, and no, I am NOT a SEAL, just regular Navy) while in Hawaii prior to going to SC. What other things do I need to be able to get the weapon registered and a permit to carry in Goose Creek, SC.

You can transport a gun from Oregon to SC with out PERMit. I might keep it the trunk.You can also transport,for example,from a DEALER TO YOUR home.It takes 90 days to get your permit,contact SLED in Columbia.Tx

Thanx, i find it funny that I have to pay someone I dont know to ship a weapon from one shop to another. Yet, i can fly with it for nothing. Just have a TSA case and ammo in another case in my luggage.
    I am more concerned with breaking the law. i dont want to , and after seeing what could happen if I were to drive through the states I plan, it seems it is legal, but very gray if I were pulled over.

We do not register firearms in South Carolina. Without a permit, you may carry your handgun, loaded or unloaded, in the glove box or center console of your vehicle, or in a container with an integral locking fastener, at your residence, at your fixed place of business (provided that business does not serve alcohol for on-premise consumption), or between your vehicle and one of those places. As active duty military, you may apply for a permit, with your orders as proof of residency.

I worked at NWS Charleston as a civilian contractor a couple years ago. I brought a 1911 with me every day. I declared my weapon at the gate every time I came aboard, and they would ask me to clear my weapon, fill out registration, and secure it in a locker while on board. I would pick it up on my home, using my copy of the registration as proof of ownership. If you live off base, you will probably be subjected to a similar procedure. I have no idea what the rules are for privately owned weapons storage in base housing.