• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Medical Marihuana & CPL?

B

Bikenut

I am getting tired of hearing this "medical marijuana" crap. I wish folks would just man up and tell it like it is..... if y'all wanna smoke weed and get buzzed go ahead and smoke it because I don't give a rat's ass what you do but I don't want to hear you bitch about having to suffer the consequences, legal, financial, or relationships, because you reap what you sow.

You makes your choices and you takes your lumps.

stainless1911

Banned
Guns mean more to me than pot.

If you dont believe in medipot, I cant convince you, but its real, and significant. Its not a drug for everything, but it is a miracle drug. The stuff is amazing.

I do want to re-legalise it for recreational use, but the medical side is the most important thing, and should be done first.

You see these commercials about various drugs all the time, and they always give this list of horrific potential side effects, like if you take the product for a stomach ache, your eyes will fall out, or your fart will kill the dog, then a couple years later, you see another commercial for a lawsuit against the pill for its ruination of so many lives. Yet the only thing you get with pot, is the munchies , relaxation and laughter.

The worst thing about pot are the laws against it.

Last edited:

scot623

Seriously though, the .gov has its good points too, they are just getting harder and harder to find.

So you are for redistribution of wealth. Got it.

Back on topic. When a person applies for a CPL in Michigan, you have to agree to the Federal requirement of no illegal drug use. Since the Feds consider weed illegal...you are technically lying on your application when you check that box.

CoonDog

I am getting tired of hearing this "medical marijuana" crap. I wish folks would just man up and tell it like it is..... if y'all wanna smoke weed and get buzzed go ahead and smoke it because I don't give a rat's ass what you do but I don't want to hear you bitch about having to suffer the consequences, legal, financial, or relationships, because you reap what you sow.

You makes your choices and you takes your lumps.
I "wanna smoke weed' and consider the private consequence to be entirely manageable and, frankly, negligible. The trouble is that the legal consequences aren't manageable, are significant in substance, and can cause unmanageable consequences to arise in one's private affairs. The legal consequences aren't sowed by those who smoke, they are sown by the likes of those men that wish to control others. Bikenut, I know you understand this point very well and have to say I'm surprised at your outburst.

scot623

Only if you are a drug user.

The Federal government classifies mariuana as illegal. Period. On Michigans CPL App, we use the Federal drug classifications, not Michigans. Anyone in Michigan who uses weed with or without med card, can not legally obtain a CPL. When those persons agree to section B 3 that they do not use illegal drugs(illegal according to the Feds) they are LYING. It's pretty crystal clear, if you can't comprehend that then put the bong away.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
I am not currently a drug user of any type. Truthfully, I dont like OTC meds either, and avoid them unless something is seriously wrong.

Its pretty obvious to everyone here that I have experience in this area, so I want to clear up a couple details. I started when I was 21 as a treatment for anxiety, and found out hat I liked the recreational use as well. I smoked for 10 years, quite heavily, I spent more time high than I was sober. Then, as a result of being a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker, as well as the pot, I came down with asthma. It came on hard and fast, and it scared me. I was starting to get interested in church at that time anyhow, so I started going to church regularly, and reading the Bible. A short time later, I quit smoking cigarettes. Not long after that, I quit smoking weed. The pot was very easy to give up, although I miss it terribly. The cigarettes however, were very very difficult. I dont miss those. I had always wanted to get into firearms, I had shot pellet/BB guns my whole childhood, but never had the opportunity to get into real guns. My mom wasnt that comfortable with them. Since every dime I could get hold of went to pot, I couldnt afford guns, its quite expensive. As soon as I got clean, I decided to buy a gun, sort of as a present to myself for having quit. I never had a lot of money, but at least if I could come up with 20 bucks I could keep it.So, I put the XD in layaway. 6 months later I got it out.

I wasnt even planning on carrying it until I actually had it in hand, then well, who could resist. So I started out to get my CPL. While poking around online I discovered open carry. "Open carry?!? Whats that?" The rest is history.

Since my health was shot, couldnt breathe, I decided to do something about it, seeing as I wasnt breathing smoke any more. So, I started walking at the mall, its flat, indoors, and about a mile around the loop. When I first started, it was hard for me to get around the loop once, now, after much effort, I walk around there all the time. Many people go there for health reasons. Since I was already welcome there at the time my CPL was wrongfully suspended, I went there more often. My health was improving, and since everyone in the state seems to have a liquor license, it gave me a place to OC, and still be in an area where I could talk to people about OC. Not many people knew about OC then, so I got to reach a lot of people up there.

At any rate, I wasnt a current drug user at the time I purchased, or possessed a firearm, I wasnt using when I got my CPL, and its doubtful that I will ever be able to smoke again, even if it becomes completely legal at the recreational level. That's a bummer for me, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

scot623

(tenderly wipes tear from cheek). I don't see the chapter in that story about why it is you refuse to get a job. Or did your admitted daily drug use bless us all working taxpayers with paying for everything in your life now?

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
My view from a personal liberty point of view is to legalize all illicit drugs. Let the individual reap the reward or consequences of drug use. I propose that the government could help addicts and the associated medical costs at a greatly reduced cost than the "war" on drugs now.

It may seem counter-intuitive, but some research and some logic into the idea and most people would have to agree. Given the reasons for drug control (hint, not public safety, but economic) It makes sense to legalize it and then educate the masses on the pros and cons of drug use.

Always follow the money.....

Last edited:

scot623

^ I'm good with that. In the same bill legalizing drugs, let's follow Florida's lead and require all those on welfare and unemployment to submit to drug testing. I don't like paying for deadbeats to sit home and get high all day.

Venator

(tenderly wipes tear from cheek). I don't see the chapter in that story about why it is you refuse to get a job. Or did your admitted daily drug use bless us all working taxpayers with paying for everything in your life now?

Let us be kind and judge not without all the facts. There are some in this country that for various reasons can not hold a job. Reasons may include both physical and mental handicaps. I don't know all the details in this case, but I can't condemn all disability claims as false.

I know those that take advantage and those that truly need help. The problem is determining which is which.

As one of the most wealthiest countries in the world I don't begrudge helping those truly in need. Better to help them than pay for all the congressional perks, etc.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Guns mean more to me than pot.

If you dont believe in medipot, I cant convince you, but its real, and significant. Its not a drug for everything, but it is a miracle drug. The stuff is amazing.

I do want to re-legalise it for recreational use, but the medical side is the most important thing, and should be done first.

You see these commercials about various drugs all the time, and they always give this list of horrific potential side effects, like if you take the product for a stomach ache, your eyes will fall out, or your fart will kill the dog, then a couple years later, you see another commercial for a lawsuit against the pill for its ruination of so many lives. Yet the only thing you get with pot, is the munchies , relaxation and laughter.

The worst thing about pot are the laws against it.

There were some other side effects, but I can't remember them just now......oh, yeah, paranoia, and umm, ummm, crap, what was that other thing?

stainless1911

Banned
Many people on disability are also in need of medical pot. That wouldnt work. The rest of them would just get medical pot cards to skirt the drug test. Thats one of the problems with regulating things the .gov has no business in.

Venator

Get a job that doesn't require walking. How's that for "out of the box thinking"? Now that you are the picture of health, the Jolly OCer lapping GLX without breaking a sweat, what's your excuse now?

As I mentioned above not all handicaps are physical. At least in this case the one getting Gov. Asst. isn't (as far as I know) out committing crimes, and causing other social problems, other than questioning the way government is going. All in all things could be worse in this regard.

scot623

Now there is a can of worms. A person who collects full disability because of a mental defect but has a CPL and carries daily. The anti's eat that stuff for breakfast.