Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Gun-hater Dan Casey giving away a Squirt Gun for his 100,000th post at roanoke.com

  1. #1
    Regular Member VGOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    38

    Gun-hater Dan Casey giving away a Squirt Gun for his 100,000th post at roanoke.com

    Dan Casey is a well-known columnist and blogger with the Roanoke Times. His anti-gun rhetoric knows no bounds. When he contacted me earlier this week to ask some questions about the VGOF AR15 giveaway, I was a little concerned, but went along with it.

    As it turns out, he wrote a fairly humorous blog post. There were a couple of comments that really weren't necessary such as the following excerpt:

    If you have good enough aim it’ll also shoot fish in a barrel. And who knows? — perhaps even people like muggers, home invaders or your spouse if he or she acts up too much.
    Seriously Dan... ? I guess I had to know that he would "go there".

    Here's a link to Dan's blog post. Feel free to drop him a comment. Heck, maybe you'll come away with a nice new gun!
    http://blogs.roanoke.com/dancasey/20...-a-real-ar-15/

  2. #2
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Fortunately, most people see Dan Casey for what he is.

    And I be he's wrong on the High School thing. I bet you'd be suspended for taking a large super soaker to school, at least in some jurisdictions these days.

    TFred

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Fortunately, most people see Dan Casey for what he is.

    And I be he's wrong on the High School thing. I bet you'd be suspended for taking a large super soaker to school, at least in some jurisdictions these days.

    TFred
    People have been suspended for less. Old story but this kid got suspended for bringing an expended shell casing to school.

    http://www.telegram.com/article/2008...805290859/1116
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  4. #4
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671
    I'd post what I think about Dan Casey, but then he'd write a story about how gun owners cant come up with an intelligent response and can only resort to name calling.....so I won't tell you that he is a tool. I'll let you form your own opinion.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  5. #5
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    I'd post what I think about Dan Casey, but then he'd write a story about how gun owners cant come up with an intelligent response and can only resort to name calling.....so I won't tell you that he is a tool. I'll let you form your own opinion.
    As I said, he's one of the easiest people in the world to figure out. As plain vanilla anti-gun as you can get. It's always the "gun's" fault. He doesn't understand why there are any guns in society at all. You can feel the derision in his tone at the mere thought of a gun being a "prize" in a contest. It literally turns his stomach.

    We could go on and on...

    TFred

  6. #6
    Regular Member zoom6zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dale City, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    People have been suspended for less. Old story but this kid got suspended for bringing an expended shell casing to school.

    http://www.telegram.com/article/2008...805290859/1116
    Wasn't it Henrico or Chesterfield where a kid got suspended for having a Nerf gun projectile?

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    Wasn't it Henrico or Chesterfield where a kid got suspended for having a Nerf gun projectile?
    Couldn't find a VA story but here's one about a 6 year old that got suspended for a Nerf gun.

    http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx...6961&catid=339
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    192
    What scares me about this type of writing is that he must think that way!

    Those thoughts never cross my mind, but they MUST cross his.

    Look up transference and projection and you will see much of what the left blames the "tea baggers" or "guns nuts" for is NOT what they actually do but what the left WOULD do in their minds eye...and that is frightening.

  9. #9
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric in Richmond View Post
    What scares me about this type of writing is that he must think that way!

    Those thoughts never cross my mind, but they MUST cross his.

    Look up transference and projection and you will see much of what the left blames the "tea baggers" or "guns nuts" for is NOT what they actually do but what the left WOULD do in their minds eye...and that is frightening.
    This is absolutely correct. I've always said that there are probably some people in society who shouldn't have guns... the anti-gunners! They are the ones who can't seem to grasp the concept that it is normal for people to not go around killing each other.

    TFred

  10. #10
    Regular Member zoom6zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dale City, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Couldn't find a VA story but here's one about a 6 year old that got suspended for a Nerf gun.

    http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx...6961&catid=339
    I couldn't find the link either, but I have an email about it that I exchanged with Doc Thompson on 1/27 when he was discussing it on his show.

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    I couldn't find the link either, but I have an email about it that I exchanged with Doc Thompson on 1/27 when he was discussing it on his show.
    Oh greeeeaaat, now there are at least two kids suspended for TOY Nerf guns........my head is spinning in disbelief....please no more stupidity...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  12. #12
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    People have been suspended for less. Old story but this kid got suspended for bringing an expended shell casing to school.
    Sad when you consider that possessing an UNLOADED shotgun or rifle ON SCHOOLS GROUNDS is 100% legal, even for students.

    Look it up.

    §18.2-308.1 (C)(vi)

    Dan Casey is proof-positive that yankee interlopers need to vacate the Old Dominion. They stand for just about nothing worthwhile.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Oh greeeeaaat, now there are at least two kids suspended for TOY Nerf guns........my head is spinning in disbelief....please no more stupidity...
    Nope... there is more stupidity. Not surprisingly from college police...


    http://newworldorderreport.com/Defau...bid=266&ID=418University of Colorado at Boulder Police Warning: Anyone with Nerf Gun Will be Arrested, Treated as Gunman : Nerf guns have been popping up around CU this week, after some students started playing the popular game “Humans vs. Zombies”

    BOULDER - If you're caught walking around the University of Colorado at Boulder with a Nerf gun, you could be arrested. Notices have been posted around the campus' dorm buildings, warning students that Nerf gun sightings will be treated like real gun sightings.

    Or this one... 7yo arrested for a Nerf gun at school:
    http://www.jacksonnjonline.com/2011/...gun-to-school/

    Notice that most of the stupid stuff happens at public schools? Hmmm.....

  14. #14
    Regular Member lagmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    Dan Casey is proof-positive that yankee interlopers need to vacate the Old Dominion. They stand for just about nothing worthwhile.
    Easy now. Don't throw all of us yankee interlopers into one pile because of a few bad eggs like Dan Casey.
    “Your mind is your only judge of truth–and if others dissent from your verdict, reality is the court of final appeal.”
    - Atlas Shrugged

    [URL="http://www.ronpaul.com[/URL]

  15. #15
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by lagmonkey View Post
    Easy now. Don't throw all of us yankee interlopers into one pile because of a few bad eggs like Dan Casey.
    99% of carpetbagging yankee interlopers give the rest a bad name, eh?
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by lagmonkey View Post
    Easy now. Don't throw all of us yankee interlopers into one pile because of a few bad eggs like Dan Casey.
    Yeah! Take this Yankee by birth but Southerner by the Grace of God ol' boy :^). Being "Southern" is a state of mind :^).

  17. #17
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    99% of carpetbagging yankee interlopers give the rest a bad name, eh?
    Don't you ever get tired of spouting off the same old crap, day after day?
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  18. #18
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Don't you ever get tired of spouting off the same old crap, day after day?
    Nope. Because I STAND by my convictions.
    Last edited by wylde007; 08-24-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  19. #19
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    Nope. Because I STAND by my convictions.
    I thought that our society had matured beyond judging a person by the color of their skin or their place of birth, relying instead on the content of their character or by their beliefs and behavior. I guess not everyone has matured to the same degree.

  20. #20
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    I thought that our society had matured beyond judging a person by the color of their skin or their place of birth, relying instead on the content of their character or by their beliefs and behavior. I guess not everyone has matured to the same degree.
    +1.

    MY grandparents came across on a boat with a sack of Irish potatoes on their back in 1912. They, and I have no dog in any fight that ended nearly 150 years ago. I don't go around calling people rednecks, and I don't appreciate being labeled as a "Yankee" like its a dirty word just because I was born north of Richmond (or anyone else being called Yankee for that matter).
    Last edited by ProShooter; 08-25-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  21. #21
    Regular Member zoom6zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dale City, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Oh greeeeaaat, now there are at least two kids suspended for TOY Nerf guns........my head is spinning in disbelief....please no more stupidity...
    This kid didn't even have the gun, just one of the foam darts, forgotten in his pocket. Which if you didn't know what it was might as well be one of those soft hair curlers.
    Zero Tolerance policies just allow the total abdication of any responsibility for making decisions.

  22. #22
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    Zero Tolerance policies just allow the total abdication of any responsibility for making decisions.
    Sad, but true.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  23. #23
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    I thought that our society had matured beyond judging a person by the color of their skin or their place of birth, relying instead on the content of their character or by their beliefs and behavior. I guess not everyone has matured to the same degree.
    If someone could present to me empirical evidence to the contrary I would be happy to entertain it.

    Since hell will sooner freeze over, your judging of my judging would seem rather hypocritical.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Augusta/Rockingham County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Oh greeeeaaat, now there are at least two kids suspended for TOY Nerf guns........my head is spinning in disbelief....please no more stupidity...
    Not in Virginia either but I'll see your TOY Nerf guns and raise you 2 kids suspended for drawing a (sketch of a) gun.

    Second Grade Student Suspended for Drawing Stick Figure Firing Gun
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303796,00.html

    Arizona School Suspends 13-Year-Old Boy for Drawing Gun
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294145,00.html

    Absolutely ridiculous IMHO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •