• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun-hater Dan Casey giving away a Squirt Gun for his 100,000th post at roanoke.com

VGOF

Dan Casey is a well-known columnist and blogger with the Roanoke Times. His anti-gun rhetoric knows no bounds. When he contacted me earlier this week to ask some questions about the VGOF AR15 giveaway, I was a little concerned, but went along with it.

As it turns out, he wrote a fairly humorous blog post. There were a couple of comments that really weren't necessary such as the following excerpt:

If you have good enough aim it’ll also shoot fish in a barrel. And who knows? — perhaps even people like muggers, home invaders or your spouse if he or she acts up too much.

Seriously Dan... ? I guess I had to know that he would "go there".

Here's a link to Dan's blog post. Feel free to drop him a comment. Heck, maybe you'll come away with a nice new gun!
http://blogs.roanoke.com/dancasey/2011/08/the-poster-of-the-100000th-comment-wins-a-real-ar-15/

TFred

Fortunately, most people see Dan Casey for what he is.

And I be he's wrong on the High School thing. I bet you'd be suspended for taking a large super soaker to school, at least in some jurisdictions these days.

TFred

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

TFred

I'd post what I think about Dan Casey, but then he'd write a story about how gun owners cant come up with an intelligent response and can only resort to name calling.....so I won't tell you that he is a tool. I'll let you form your own opinion.
As I said, he's one of the easiest people in the world to figure out. As plain vanilla anti-gun as you can get. It's always the "gun's" fault. He doesn't understand why there are any guns in society at all. You can feel the derision in his tone at the mere thought of a gun being a "prize" in a contest. It literally turns his stomach.

We could go on and on...

TFred

Ric in Richmond

What scares me about this type of writing is that he must think that way!

Those thoughts never cross my mind, but they MUST cross his.

Look up transference and projection and you will see much of what the left blames the "tea baggers" or "guns nuts" for is NOT what they actually do but what the left WOULD do in their minds eye...and that is frightening.

TFred

What scares me about this type of writing is that he must think that way!

Those thoughts never cross my mind, but they MUST cross his.

Look up transference and projection and you will see much of what the left blames the "tea baggers" or "guns nuts" for is NOT what they actually do but what the left WOULD do in their minds eye...and that is frightening.
This is absolutely correct. I've always said that there are probably some people in society who shouldn't have guns... the anti-gunners! They are the ones who can't seem to grasp the concept that it is normal for people to not go around killing each other.

TFred

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I couldn't find the link either, but I have an email about it that I exchanged with Doc Thompson on 1/27 when he was discussing it on his show.

Oh greeeeaaat, now there are at least two kids suspended for TOY Nerf guns........my head is spinning in disbelief....please no more stupidity...

wylde007

People have been suspended for less. Old story but this kid got suspended for bringing an expended shell casing to school.
Sad when you consider that possessing an UNLOADED shotgun or rifle ON SCHOOLS GROUNDS is 100% legal, even for students.

Look it up.

§18.2-308.1 (C)(vi)

Dan Casey is proof-positive that yankee interlopers need to vacate the Old Dominion. They stand for just about nothing worthwhile.

Blk97F150

Oh greeeeaaat, now there are at least two kids suspended for TOY Nerf guns........my head is spinning in disbelief....please no more stupidity...

Nope... there is more stupidity. Not surprisingly from college police...

http://newworldorderreport.com/Default.aspx?tabid=266&ID=418University of Colorado at Boulder Police Warning: Anyone with Nerf Gun Will be Arrested, Treated as Gunman : Nerf guns have been popping up around CU this week, after some students started playing the popular game “Humans vs. Zombies”

BOULDER - If you're caught walking around the University of Colorado at Boulder with a Nerf gun, you could be arrested. Notices have been posted around the campus' dorm buildings, warning students that Nerf gun sightings will be treated like real gun sightings.

Or this one... 7yo arrested for a Nerf gun at school:
http://www.jacksonnjonline.com/2011/02/03/7-year-old-boy-arrested-for-bringing-nerf-toy-gun-to-school/

Notice that most of the stupid stuff happens at public schools? Hmmm..... :eek:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
I thought that our society had matured beyond judging a person by the color of their skin or their place of birth, relying instead on the content of their character or by their beliefs and behavior. I guess not everyone has matured to the same degree.

+1.

MY grandparents came across on a boat with a sack of Irish potatoes on their back in 1912. They, and I have no dog in any fight that ended nearly 150 years ago. I don't go around calling people rednecks, and I don't appreciate being labeled as a "Yankee" like its a dirty word just because I was born north of Richmond (or anyone else being called Yankee for that matter).

Last edited: