• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun-hater Dan Casey giving away a Squirt Gun for his 100,000th post at roanoke.com

zoom6zoom

Oh greeeeaaat, now there are at least two kids suspended for TOY Nerf guns........my head is spinning in disbelief....please no more stupidity...

This kid didn't even have the gun, just one of the foam darts, forgotten in his pocket. Which if you didn't know what it was might as well be one of those soft hair curlers.
Zero Tolerance policies just allow the total abdication of any responsibility for making decisions.

wylde007

I thought that our society had matured beyond judging a person by the color of their skin or their place of birth, relying instead on the content of their character or by their beliefs and behavior. I guess not everyone has matured to the same degree.
If someone could present to me empirical evidence to the contrary I would be happy to entertain it.

Since hell will sooner freeze over, your judging of my judging would seem rather hypocritical.

raftgyde

Oh greeeeaaat, now there are at least two kids suspended for TOY Nerf guns........my head is spinning in disbelief....please no more stupidity...

Not in Virginia either but I'll see your TOY Nerf guns and raise you 2 kids suspended for drawing a (sketch of a) gun.

Second Grade Student Suspended for Drawing Stick Figure Firing Gun
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303796,00.html

Arizona School Suspends 13-Year-Old Boy for Drawing Gun
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294145,00.html

Absolutely ridiculous IMHO.