• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A good meeting under a bad circumstance on 225N with another armed citizen

Cesar A

Hello colorado!

On thursday at around 1200 while on my way to work I noticed a vehicle on fire on 225N in Denver and 2 people standing about 100 meters from it one of them being on the phone I assumed calling 911. traffic as usual was kinda heavy and eventhou i knew I was gonna be late to work I decided to cut accross and help whoever might need it. I got off my car turn it off and ran to the the 2 people I had spotted earlier to ask if anyone was still in the vehicle? the lady who was driving it stated no, when I noticed that the guy was carrying a concealed. I then asked him if he was a cop and his answer "no, I am a security guard on my day off", when he asked me I told him I was a Lab tech on my way to work ( I was openly carrying fyi as I always do in my car). Niceties out of the way he pointed to me how close some of the people watching the burning car were. we then ran as far as we could away from the burning car ( there is a fence on the right side of this part 225N) to clear and secure the area until the emergency services got to the scene. Fater we had sent everyone spectating away for safety, we saw 2 fire trucks putting out the fire with relative easy and one LEO closing the lane for them. We then approached the officer, weapons in plain view at this point, and began to talk with the LEO. 2 minutes later once the lady (whose car was ablaze) went to talk to the firefighters I told the officer "looks like you guys got everything under control so I am going to go ahead and head for work unless you need anything else". The officer then said "no, thank you hon (no jokes here she was a lady :D)",I then said farewell to her and shook the gentleman's hand and thanked him in return for being so prompt to help another citizen.

Why did I place this story here? Simple, out of all the people, besides the emergency services after they got to the scene, only the 2 armed men there actually helped this lady until the situation got under control, and that makes me damn proud to be an open carrier. I strongly believe that most of us that carry firearms openly or concealed have a bit more of a sense of civic duty than most and just proves once again that, we, 2A activist are not just honest law abiding citizens but people who will help our LEOs and other citizens whenever we can :D.

Airborne! and Sua Sponte!

since9

Campaign Veteran
Why did I place this story here? Simple, out of all the people, besides the emergency services after they got to the scene, only the 2 armed men there actually helped this lady until the situation got under control, and that makes me damn proud to be an open carrier. I strongly believe that most of us that carry firearms openly or concealed have a bit more of a sense of civic duty than most and just proves once again that, we, 2A activist are not just honest law abiding citizens but people who will help our LEOs and other citizens whenever we can :D.

Cesar, you hit the nail on the head. I believe it's the same sense of civic duty that spurred many of us serve our country. Only some of us answer the call, and those who do are more likely to stop and help others.

Neat feelin'. :)

Badger Johnson

I applaud your actions and glad you could help.

Myself, I am reluctant to get involved and don't and it often troubles me. Just because someone doesn't help, doesn't mean they don't care, but you hear stories where the Good Samaritan ends up being sued, bloodborne pathogens abound and so forth. If you're going to help, have Lysol wipes, CPR mouth-to-mouth assist mask, rubber gloves, emergency first aid kit in your car and don't move anybody (spinal injuries).

(Since I often have trouble walking (sciatica), these days it's better I stay clear and let the youngsters handle things.)

Gunslinger

Hello colorado!

On thursday at around 1200 while on my way to work I noticed a vehicle on fire on 225N in Denver and 2 people standing about 100 meters from it one of them being on the phone I assumed calling 911. traffic as usual was kinda heavy and eventhou i knew I was gonna be late to work I decided to cut accross and help whoever might need it. I got off my car turn it off and ran to the the 2 people I had spotted earlier to ask if anyone was still in the vehicle? the lady who was driving it stated no, when I noticed that the guy was carrying a concealed. I then asked him if he was a cop and his answer "no, I am a security guard on my day off", when he asked me I told him I was a Lab tech on my way to work ( I was openly carrying fyi as I always do in my car). Niceties out of the way he pointed to me how close some of the people watching the burning car were. we then ran as far as we could away from the burning car ( there is a fence on the right side of this part 225N) to clear and secure the area until the emergency services got to the scene. Fater we had sent everyone spectating away for safety, we saw 2 fire trucks putting out the fire with relative easy and one LEO closing the lane for them. We then approached the officer, weapons in plain view at this point, and began to talk with the LEO. 2 minutes later once the lady (whose car was ablaze) went to talk to the firefighters I told the officer "looks like you guys got everything under control so I am going to go ahead and head for work unless you need anything else". The officer then said "no, thank you hon (no jokes here she was a lady :D)",I then said farewell to her and shook the gentleman's hand and thanked him in return for being so prompt to help another citizen.

You OC'd in Denver? Or did I miss the location?

Cesar A

OCing

Yeah denver aurora area, I did not OC in the sense of walking around taunting law enforcement, but when I got out of the vehicle I had my OC holster on and so I was OCing while in the area of the incident :D. Since9 I agree with you, and as for Badger, I do not mean to say people do not care if they do not get involved I mean to say we who carry fire arms seem to be more oriented to help out other people. :D

Sorry it took me this long to reply to all but my scheduale is brutal ATM lol.

Airborne guys and gals!