• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now THIS is a pro gun news article

scot623

I'm a little surprised they published this...but man is it good.

http://detnews.com/article/20110821/OPINION03/108210306/Londoners-die-for-want-of-a-gun

Defenders of the Second Amendment couldn't have asked for a greater gift than the spectacle of unarmed policemen and defenseless citizens standing by helplessly while rampaging hordes of youths burned London and beat up and murdered innocent residents.

In the 10 years since Michigan liberalized its concealed carry law, more than a quarter million residents have received weapons permits, without the predicted rise in gun violence.

But there has been an increase in the number of citizens trained and prepared to protect their communities from falling into anarchy.

nfinley@detnews.com

--Moderator Edited per Fair Use rule--

(11) RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS: We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Last edited:

Recoil88

I say Englands government needs to be hanged.Simple as that,any government that would disarm its citizens and prosecute them for defending themselves is not right. They are saying hey the criminals can do what they want to you and you cant defend yourself,and if you do oh you better watch out your arse is in deep doo doo.

ManInBlack

I say Englands government needs to be hanged.Simple as that,any government that would disarm its citizens and prosecute them for defending themselves is not right. They are saying hey the criminals can do what they want to you and you cant defend yourself,and if you do oh you better watch out your arse is in deep doo doo.

"A government that fears arms in the hands of its people should also fear the rope."
-Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator

I read an article just today (but cannot find it) about video showing rioters shooting at un-armed police. Crying shame; you have to admire the kind of brass it takes to be a cop in merry olde England.

CoonDog

...they talk about anarchy like it's a bad thing *sighs*....so uneducated.
I think what he means in the line, "But there has been an increase in the number of citizens trained and prepared to protect their communities from falling into anarchy.", is actually "chaos", not anarchy. In any case, there is a large difference between anarcho-capitalists (economic and social liberty) and social anarchists (closet communists). If he does indeed mean to say, "anarchy", it's not clear which end he is warning against. Although, given Finley's conservative leanings, I would have to speculate it's the latter.