Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Today's journal sentinel article

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    461

    Today's journal sentinel article

    There is an article in the local section of today's journal sentinel where all these municipalities are creating ordinances preventing concealed carry in public buildings, and imposing fines up to $1000 at least for doing so, well beyond the $200 for trespessing allowed by Act 35 (SB93). It makes me want to puke. They at least quoted one alderman in hartford that said something to the effect of: How much sense does it make to put up signs banning guns, when all that does is prevent law abiding citizens from carrying guns, but the bad guys who don't care what your sign says will carry anyways. It tells the bad guys hey come in here because the only people with guns will be other bad guys.


    One voice of reason in an otherwise disgusting article. I'd be FURIOUS if my city did something so stupid.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    461
    Oh lol my other favorite part. Coggs miilwaukee ordinance also includes a "resolution calling for all bars/taverns to ban guns".

  3. #3
    Regular Member davegran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    There is an article in the local section of today's journal sentinel where all these municipalities are creating ordinances preventing concealed carry in public buildings, and imposing fines up to $1000 at least for doing so, well beyond the $200 for trespessing allowed by Act 35 (SB93). It makes me want to puke. They at least quoted one alderman in hartford that said something to the effect of: How much sense does it make to put up signs banning guns, when all that does is prevent law abiding citizens from carrying guns, but the bad guys who don't care what your sign says will carry anyways. It tells the bad guys hey come in here because the only people with guns will be other bad guys.


    One voice of reason in an otherwise disgusting article. I'd be FURIOUS if my city did something so stupid.
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...128132258.html
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

    WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

    Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    461
    Ah yes, that's the article, thank you! Try not to vomit while reading it.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 08-21-2011 at 11:08 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member jpm84092's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,068
    This is an excellent example of a State that is naive to concealed carry (WI) reacting to "threats" that did not materialize in other States more experienced with Concealed Carry.

    Inquiring minds want to know which Wisconsin Municipal Official will be designated to apologize to the grieving family of the first law abiding citizen killed by a bad guy in one of these newly created "free kill zones" (aka: gun-free zones)?
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Racine, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    484
    Common sense would dictate that the ordinances would be pre empted because stricter than state law since dealing with firearms, If a business does not want firearms they may post a sign as state law dictates. Cities that pass these assnine ordinances will find out how expensive it will cost them let alone businesses will then become liable for wrongful injury because the city will not take the burden.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

    In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

    The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

    ****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    Common sense would dictate that the ordinances would be pre empted because stricter than state law since dealing with firearms, If a business does not want firearms they may post a sign as state law dictates. Cities that pass these assnine ordinances will find out how expensive it will cost them let alone businesses will then become liable for wrongful injury because the city will not take the burden.
    I'm surprised (though I shouldn't be), that places aren't reading the law and for cities, they are ignoring it.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North of Madison
    Posts
    177

    Comment

    Quote Originally Posted by santana View Post
    Creating free kill zones, quite a catchy little ditty. Actually it is quite disturbing coming from a person with so many instructor creds. Posting no weapons signs is a very good part of SB35.
    Yes that is a catchy little ditty. I like it because it is very creative and VERY true.

    Your comment disturbs me can i take a guess you belong to MAIG or WAVE? come on fess up you have done nothing but had negative comments so i think you are not here to learn but rather to cause discontent? correct me if i am wrong.
    Last edited by Packfanatic; 08-21-2011 at 07:44 PM.

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by santana View Post
    Creating free kill zones, quite a catchy little ditty. Actually it is quite disturbing coming from a person with so many instructor creds. Posting no weapons signs is a very good part of SB35.
    SB35?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  10. #10
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by santana View Post
    Creating free kill zones, quite a catchy little ditty. Actually it is quite disturbing coming from a person with so many instructor creds. Posting no weapons signs is a very good part of SB35.
    Hmmm... So, logables? Spartacus? Not sure. Oh well. At least he's persistent.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    West Bend, WI
    Posts
    308
    oh, is that what he posted? I still keep getting the "user is on your ignore list message".
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

    Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

  12. #12
    Regular Member jpm84092's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by santana View Post
    Creating free kill zones, quite a catchy little ditty. Actually it is quite disturbing coming from a person with so many instructor creds. Posting no weapons signs is a very good part of SB35.
    OK, so you would have us believe that one or two disadvantaged individuals who have chosen crime as a career would notice a sign telling people that no weapons are allowed - and they would turn around and go elsewhere because they did not want to enter a "gun free zone"?

    Are you on drugs?

    "Gun Free Zone" = "Free Kill Zone"; unless you have police stationed all over the place. And in this economy, can Wisconsin afford to hire 100,000 - 500,000 extra police to make sure all the "gun free zones" are also absolutely safe for citizens?

    Santana - you do not like me. I get that. But, it will not stop me from returning to WI and offering firearms training to teach the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for law abiding citizens like the citizens on this forum, to safely own and carry handguns for their personal protection and the protection of their loved ones - or others. WI is about to become the 49th State to allow its citizens to carry a concealed firearm for personal protection. Get used to it - or you could always move to Chicago which is a "gun free zone". In Chicago, where citizens cannot possess a firearm outside their home, there is absolutely no chance of becoming a victim of crime, RIGHT?
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    OK, so you would have us believe that one or two disadvantaged individuals who have chosen crime as a career would notice a sign telling people that no weapons are allowed - and they would turn around and go elsewhere because they did not want to enter a "gun free zone"?

    Are you on drugs?

    "Gun Free Zone" = "Free Kill Zone"; unless you have police stationed all over the place. And in this economy, can Wisconsin afford to hire 100,000 - 500,000 extra police to make sure all the "gun free zones" are also absolutely safe for citizens?

    Santana - you do not like me. I get that. But, it will not stop me from returning to WI and offering firearms training to teach the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for law abiding citizens like the citizens on this forum, to safely own and carry handguns for their personal protection and the protection of their loved ones - or others. WI is about to become the 49th State to allow its citizens to carry a concealed firearm for personal protection. Get used to it - or you could always move to Chicago which is a "gun free zone". In Chicago, where citizens cannot possess a firearm outside their home, there is absolutely no chance of becoming a victim of crime, RIGHT?
    You haven't seen the video? Criminals always obey the law...

    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by santana View Post
    You are very wrong, so I will correct you. No I do not belong to the above orgs. I am a member of WCI. My comments are not negative, but are not in line with yours, it is called a difference of opinion. I am not here to learn, I know everything as far as OC and CC that one needs to know for Wisconsin. The only discontent is among a small handful of posters here who think they own the Wisconsin page on this site.

    If the person who made the free kill zone reference is indeed coming to Wisconsin to conduct classes he is already biased against the Wisconsin law petaining to posting no weapons signs

    I do not know or care what Utah law is concerning the posting of no weapons signs. What I do care about is someone coming to Wisconsin who scoffs at our laws concerning posting and will perhaps teach Wisconsinites to do the same.
    Now I know you are logables/blayze/blaze/StalkingHorse/etc. Why do you continue to come back to the forum and troll?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  15. #15
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by santana View Post
    I take issue with being accused of being a user of those member names. I am not and have never been either. I see you finally caught on and changed your moniker. Sure did take you long enough.
    OK, I am confused. Here's the definition of a moniker:

    A moniker (or monicker) is another term for a nickname, pseudonym, or cognomen.

    I haven't changed my moniker since I signed on to this forum, or am I missing something?

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    *stretches* So much nicer when trolls are put on ignore.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  17. #17
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by santana View Post
    I am a member of WCI. My comments are not negative, but are not in line with yours, it is called a difference of opinion.
    There is a difference of opinion and then there is thread crapping. That's what makes you a troll.

    I am not here to learn, I know everything as far as OC and CC that one needs to know for Wisconsin. The only discontent is among a small handful of posters here who think they own the Wisconsin page on this site.
    The only "discontent" is that you are sooooooo effing smart, yet you choose to disrupt the forum instead of using your immense and impressive brain for the greater good. Educating your fellow WCInc members. Strengthening the comradery between like minded individuals. You know, good guy stuff.

    If the person who made the free kill zone reference is indeed coming to Wisconsin to conduct classes he is already biased against the Wisconsin law petaining to posting no weapons signs
    This statement is a disservice to you gi-normous brain.

    I do not know or care what Utah law is concerning the posting of no weapons signs. What I do care about is someone coming to Wisconsin who scoffs at our laws concerning posting and will perhaps teach Wisconsinites to do the same.
    Lame. Lame. Lame.

    From now one we expect your A game Sir. Lets see that impressive brain in action please.


    p.s. You spelled "pertaining" wrong. And don't forget to end every post with "My opinion".


    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by santana View Post
    And you were who before, dancing bear, pink lady, nancy, etc. Why do you come to this forum and troll?

    Stinking Lib trolls, Go away...... Your insinuating Protias is a troll ??? Your as clueless as that Lib President that you Worship
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  19. #19
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Allowing private property owners to put up signs = Cool
    Allowing government entities to put up signs = Uncool
    Government entities trying to force private property owners to put up signs = EXTREMELY uncool.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  20. #20
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Allowing private property owners to put up signs = Cool
    Allowing government entities to put up signs = Uncool
    Government entities trying to force private property owners to put up signs = EXTREMELY uncool.
    +1 and

  21. #21
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818

    From the article.....

    Quote Originally Posted by santana View Post
    What government entities are trying to force private property owners to put up signs and where in Wisconsin?
     A resolution calling on taverns to post signs banning weapons from their premises.
    Granted, a resolution is only an attempt to force through some sort of feeling of community guilt. Either way, government has no business participating in it.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •