• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yellow Cat Course - Utah CFP + Optional NRA Basic Pistol Course - Monday, September 5

jpm84092

I have two people that wish to attend if there are still openings.

There are still openings in both courses. I have made an additional order for NRA Student Packets, but it is unclear if they will arrive in time to increase the class size for the NRA Basic Pistol Course from 20 to 25 students. There is no limit to the student content of the UT Permit Class.

Jim

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Sounds Good! They Will Be There!

There are still openings in both courses. I have made an additional order for NRA Student Packets, but it is unclear if they will arrive in time to increase the class size for the NRA Basic Pistol Course from 20 to 25 students. There is no limit to the student content of the UT Permit Class.

Jim

OK...I'll PM you the details for the two who want to attend the Utah CCW course. Thanks!

BROKENSPROKET

Jim

I would love to, but I cannot commit until you have a range locked down.

jpm84092

I would love to, but I cannot commit until you have a range locked down.

The outdoor range that Outdoorsman is a member of is about 50 minutes from the classroom and will cost each student $10 per shooter. I have another student working on a closer range. Hopefully, something will work out in the next 10 days.

MKEgal

Tonight I found another student for the UT class.
Will give him your email, & send you his info.

ETA: the range I use in Waukesha is closed on Mondays, so we can't go there.

Last edited:

jpm84092

Tonight I found another student for the UT class.
Will give him your email, & send you his info.

ETA: the range I use in Waukesha is closed on Mondays, so we can't go there.

Bummer - but we probably still have the range that Outdoorsman has access to and I am still working on other options. (If we have to resort to this, students should be prepared to shell out a $10 range fee. My class instruction fees are so low, I cannot afford to rent a range in advance.) I would hate to have to cancel the NRA Basic Pistol Course because of an issue getting a shooting range. Some students have sent me a PM telling me that they are reticent to sign up until a range has been secured. (Outdoorsman, are we still a go if I cannot get another range?)

I will have limited access to the internet from 8-30-2011 to the date of the class. However, MKEGAL has my cell number as do some of my other students.

Outdoorsman1

Yes, it is (and always has been) a "Done Deal" ... then there was some question on trying to find a closer range...

What I meant was I needed to know a couple a days ahead if a closer range had been located or not... looks like not...

As I am a meber of the club, I need to be present when the range is being used. I will plan on being there and if a close range developes between now and then, that is fine too....

Outdoorsman1

Jason in WI

Looks like ill be bringing my dad for the Utah class and I might as well "audit" it again since it was interesting the first time. I was hoping Jenny could make it but it seems she's busy again. I might bring my brother in-law too.

Do I need to sign my dad up for the Utah class or just show up?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

fremont128

I will be there for the Utah class and I am bringing a friend. Let me know if you need and details from me. Thanks for offering the class!