Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday, 8/28/2011 Troy Celebration

Accomplished Advocate

Sunday, 8/28/2011 Troy Celebration

IT'S OVERDUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets head up to Troy MO to celebrate a freedom loving town leadership.

They had the chance to be power mongers like the POS city atty Martin and they said NO, we WON'T do that to the citizens we SERVE.

The Mayor owns Imo's Pizza up there, mspgunner has already visited and it is time we show not only the leadership of Troy, but the leadership of all of the metro area that freedom loving persons stick together and support each other!

Please RSVP so lincomores can make contact and be sure they are ready for us on Sunday at 5:30 PM. The extra 30 minutes for travel for folks coming a few miles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imos troy.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	6699  
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Going to Troy

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post

They had the chance to be power mongers like the POS city atty Martin and they said NO, we WON'T do that to the citizens we SERVE.

The Mayor owns Imo's Pizza up there, mspgunner has already visited and it is time we show not only the leadership of Troy, but the leadership of all of the metro area that freedom loving persons stick together and support each other!

Please RSVP so lincomores can make contact and be sure they are ready for us on Sunday at 5:30 PM. The extra 30 minutes for travel for folks coming a few miles.
    Sunday August 28th at Imo's... I'll be there!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

I'm glad you're all showing up.
    However, I will not be there. LMTD knows exactly why.
    I will gladly inform the local newspaper so perhaps some positive PR can result from the meet.
    Bob Simmons writes the editorials. He is a very nice man.

Regards
    Last edited by lincomores; 08-21-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lincomores View Post
    I'm glad you're all showing up.
    I will gladly inform the local newspaper so perhaps some positive PR can result from the meet.
    Bob Simmons writes the editorials. He is a very nice man.

Regards
    I'll be there of course, there may be two of us?
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    I'll be there of course, there may be two of us?
    Count me in barring any unforeseen reason that I can't make it. Can't beat Imo's Pizza, but I have found that different owners use different cheeses and the pizza is ok at those Imo's.

My wife,son and I will be there. Yeah no mexican
    Last edited by xdmcompact; 08-22-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Accomplished Advocate
    No, I do not,

I am capable of angering even the most even tempered of men.

lincomores and I took the conversation that started on the Olivette thread to PM's and I was more than a little rude to him. He does not wish to ever be in my company and has developed like many others, a dislike for me. I offered to stay home from the Troy event today via PM and gave him my word since it was his home town I would simply not show without comment prior to or after the event so as he could meet the good folks of OC here in the metro area and promised not to pop in as well.

Since I have very clearly defined to him I am not going to attend so that he may, I have no idea why he is declining and can only surmise that it is simply because I posted the invite. I have given him my phone number and offered to discuss it and put it away but that seems not to be an available option. I won't put more than this out on the forums, it simply is what it is and if he chooses not to attend I am not the reason why, that is a choice he makes while knowing I will not be there so that he might.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Perhaps I didn't check my PMs? sheesh
    And honestly...it isn't that I dislike you. I don't know you.
    But I will respect the forum and not go into it here.

I don't know you.
    Do not let that stop you I didn't know any of these guys before coming to this site. You will not be sorry for meeting anyone planning to come to troy on Sunday. I am sorry if you can not let this go and come out to have dinner with us. I hope to see you there. A great time is always had with this group.

Quote Originally Posted by xdmcompact View Post
    Do not let that stop you I didn't know any of these guys before coming to this site. You will not be sorry for meeting anyone planning to come to troy on Sunday. I am sorry if you can not let this go and come out to have dinner with us. I hope to see you there. A great time is always had with this group.

(my statement about "not knowing you" was meant for LMTD...I should have quoted him, my apologies)

I look very forward to meeting the folks of MO Open Carry. It isn't that.
    There are other logistic reasons why it won't be convenient for me to attend as I have other obligations.
    The personal issue I have with LMTD is just that...personal. I have explained all
    of this to him via PM.
    It really isn't a matter of me letting go of anything.

Even though I won't be attending, I want to do what I can to support the meet.
    I did contact the Mayor
    I did post on Troy Topix
    And I will contact the local media but only if you want me too. They tend to monitor Troy Topix anyway, but I know Bob Simmons of the Lincoln County Journal and will inform him of the event with your approval.

Regards
    Last edited by lincomores; 08-22-2011 at 09:12 AM.

I should be there.

I have to work Sunday night and just can not make it to work on time from Troy. I am disappointed that I can't make this event. Hopefully the next one I will be there.
    Freedom is not free...!

I should be able to make it.

I'll try to make it. As I said in another thread, I'm VERY new to OC, so any tips or suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks!

Scratch me and my wife from attending.

I am a definate maybe for Troy, lol.

Accomplished Advocate
    I am starting to think perhaps we should bounce it back a week. If it is not going to include anyone from Troy because of the date and what not, perhaps a delay to a better time is indeed in order.

Quote Originally Posted by killercamaro View Post
    I'll try to make it. As I said in another thread, I'm VERY new to OC, so any tips or suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks!
    Go to the Open carry events we have, I learned a lot real fast! You'll learn from those whoi have their act together!

Come out and enjoy your OC rights!

I would like to show up, but am unfortunately doing and over night shift at work Sunday.

If it does get rescheduled, I'll do my best to be there.

Troy

I am starting to think perhaps we should bounce it back a week. If it is not going to include anyone from Troy because of the date and what not, perhaps a delay to a better time is indeed in order.
    I believe the local media has already been notified? You may know better than I....
    I plan on going the 28th to IMOs in Troy at 5:00PM, there may be folks who will not know of the change.
    They would not be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    I believe the local media has already been notified? You may know better than I....
    I plan on going the 28th to IMOs in Troy at 5:00PM, there may be folks who will not know of the change.
    They would not be happy!
    Whats the word on Troy? Yes or no?

I plan on going. Really not far and the IMOs was cheap and good!
    I'll bring my camera... se 'ya there.
    Maybe we can go by the City hall, not too far away and do a shoot there too... Excuse me, a picture.

Accomplished Advocate
    I guess its on. lincomores can not make it, has some family things going on he shared via pm so that is about all I will say as it was a pvt conversation. I suggested he follow up on my comment and would have supported moving it, but it looks like he is not interested in doing so.

I will be there, been a while since I have had a Imos meatball sandwich.

Anyone wanting to save a bit of fuel, I can fit 2 more and we can meet near Bryan road and 70 if it helps you out.

my lovely maiden likes IMO'S a lot, not my cup of tea on the pizza but the sandwich ain't bad at all! Anyone wanting to split a pizza can depend on that as well otherwise half of it will be going home in a box.

LMTD +1

I guess its on. lincomores can not make it, has some family things going on he shared via pm so that is about all I will say as it was a pvt conversation. I suggested he follow up on my comment and would have supported moving it, but it looks like he is not interested in doing so.

I will be there, been a while since I have had a Imos meatball sandwich.

Anyone wanting to save a bit of fuel, I can fit 2 more and we can meet near Bryan road and 70 if it helps you out.

my lovely maiden likes IMO'S a lot, not my cup of tea on the pizza but the sandwich ain't bad at all! Anyone wanting to split a pizza can depend on that as well otherwise half of it will be going home in a box.

LMTD +1
    Last time (a bout 4 weeks ago) when I was there they had the buffet for about $6.50. Not bad!

LMTD +1
    Would love to take you up on that Rich but my wife and son are both coming this time. Thanks

I'm still planning to be there. Possibly +2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast