• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sunday, 8/28/2011 Troy Celebration

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
IT'S OVERDUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets head up to Troy MO to celebrate a freedom loving town leadership.

They had the chance to be power mongers like the POS city atty Martin and they said NO, we WON'T do that to the citizens we SERVE.

The Mayor owns Imo's Pizza up there, mspgunner has already visited and it is time we show not only the leadership of Troy, but the leadership of all of the metro area that freedom loving persons stick together and support each other!

Please RSVP so lincomores can make contact and be sure they are ready for us on Sunday at 5:30 PM. The extra 30 minutes for travel for folks coming a few miles.

Attachments

• Imos troy.jpg
    Imos troy.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 99

mspgunner

Going to Troy

They had the chance to be power mongers like the POS city atty Martin and they said NO, we WON'T do that to the citizens we SERVE.

The Mayor owns Imo's Pizza up there, mspgunner has already visited and it is time we show not only the leadership of Troy, but the leadership of all of the metro area that freedom loving persons stick together and support each other!

Please RSVP so lincomores can make contact and be sure they are ready for us on Sunday at 5:30 PM. The extra 30 minutes for travel for folks coming a few miles.

Sunday August 28th at Imo's... I'll be there!

lincomores

I'm glad you're all showing up.
However, I will not be there. LMTD knows exactly why.
I will gladly inform the local newspaper so perhaps some positive PR can result from the meet.
Bob Simmons writes the editorials. He is a very nice man.

Regards

Last edited:

mspgunner

I'm glad you're all showing up.
I will gladly inform the local newspaper so perhaps some positive PR can result from the meet.
Bob Simmons writes the editorials. He is a very nice man.

Regards

I'll be there of course, there may be two of us?

xdmcompact

I'll be there of course, there may be two of us?

Count me in barring any unforeseen reason that I can't make it. Can't beat Imo's Pizza, but I have found that different owners use different cheeses and the pizza is ok at those Imo's.

My wife,son and I will be there. Yeah no mexican:monkey

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate

No, I do not,

I am capable of angering even the most even tempered of men.

lincomores and I took the conversation that started on the Olivette thread to PM's and I was more than a little rude to him. He does not wish to ever be in my company and has developed like many others, a dislike for me. I offered to stay home from the Troy event today via PM and gave him my word since it was his home town I would simply not show without comment prior to or after the event so as he could meet the good folks of OC here in the metro area and promised not to pop in as well.

Since I have very clearly defined to him I am not going to attend so that he may, I have no idea why he is declining and can only surmise that it is simply because I posted the invite. I have given him my phone number and offered to discuss it and put it away but that seems not to be an available option. I won't put more than this out on the forums, it simply is what it is and if he chooses not to attend I am not the reason why, that is a choice he makes while knowing I will not be there so that he might.

lincomores

Perhaps I didn't check my PMs? sheesh
And honestly...it isn't that I dislike you. I don't know you.
But I will respect the forum and not go into it here.

xdmcompact

I don't know you.

Do not let that stop you I didn't know any of these guys before coming to this site. You will not be sorry for meeting anyone planning to come to troy on Sunday. I am sorry if you can not let this go and come out to have dinner with us. I hope to see you there. A great time is always had with this group.

lincomores

Do not let that stop you I didn't know any of these guys before coming to this site. You will not be sorry for meeting anyone planning to come to troy on Sunday. I am sorry if you can not let this go and come out to have dinner with us. I hope to see you there. A great time is always had with this group.

(my statement about "not knowing you" was meant for LMTD...I should have quoted him, my apologies)

I look very forward to meeting the folks of MO Open Carry. It isn't that.
There are other logistic reasons why it won't be convenient for me to attend as I have other obligations.
The personal issue I have with LMTD is just that...personal. I have explained all
of this to him via PM.
It really isn't a matter of me letting go of anything.

Even though I won't be attending, I want to do what I can to support the meet.
I did contact the Mayor
I did post on Troy Topix
And I will contact the local media but only if you want me too. They tend to monitor Troy Topix anyway, but I know Bob Simmons of the Lincoln County Journal and will inform him of the event with your approval.

Regards

Last edited:

John3

I have to work Sunday night and just can not make it to work on time from Troy. I am disappointed that I can't make this event. Hopefully the next one I will be there.

Oramac

I'll try to make it. As I said in another thread, I'm VERY new to OC, so any tips or suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I am starting to think perhaps we should bounce it back a week. If it is not going to include anyone from Troy because of the date and what not, perhaps a delay to a better time is indeed in order.

Big Boy

I would like to show up, but am unfortunately doing and over night shift at work Sunday.

If it does get rescheduled, I'll do my best to be there.

mspgunner

Troy

I am starting to think perhaps we should bounce it back a week. If it is not going to include anyone from Troy because of the date and what not, perhaps a delay to a better time is indeed in order.

I believe the local media has already been notified? You may know better than I....
I plan on going the 28th to IMOs in Troy at 5:00PM, there may be folks who will not know of the change.
They would not be happy!

xdmcompact

I believe the local media has already been notified? You may know better than I....
I plan on going the 28th to IMOs in Troy at 5:00PM, there may be folks who will not know of the change.
They would not be happy!

Whats the word on Troy? Yes or no?