Thread: New Glock 21

New Glock 21

I took my new Glock 21 (.45 ACP) to the range today and put 100 down the pipe. I really like that gun. I had to practice my "double-tap". Then I put 100 down the pipe of my Springfield XD-9 and 50 down the pipe of a Taurus Snubbie .357 Magnum. Fun Stuff !
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

You got another Glock? LOL
    Time for a new family photo.

Golfing With My Glock

Yup, I did. But, it is still my Springfield XD-9 strapped (concealed) on my right hip as I write this.

However, the Glock 21 is my new Golf Club. Springfield XD pistols are for personal protection and GLOCK pistols are for golfing.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    GLOCK pistols are for golfing.
    Mini-golf maybe...lol

I completely agree on the XDs though.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 08-21-2011 at 08:00 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Mini-golf maybe...lol

I completely agree on the XDs though.
    I need to teach you how to go golfing with Glocks. But, mini-golf is perhaps a better description.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    I need to teach you how to go golfing with Glocks. But, mini-golf is perhaps a better description.
    The mini-golf reference was just a dig on Glocks...lol.

I am assuming that by Glock golfing you mean something like this.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I am assuming that by Glock golfing you mean something like this.
    Yes, it is indeed something like that. But, I like the version where the shots send the ball down the range and you try to get the ball into a cup. But, I like the idea of the first "swing" coming off a raised tee.

What possible dig can one make on Glocks?
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Glock 21 NICE pistol !! I just traded in My 9mm G34 & bought a New Glock 21 ( 45 ACP is the way to go, twice the stopping power of a 9mm ) & I got NEW a Rossi 38 special snub Nose
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 08-22-2011 at 07:17 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd
    The mini-golf reference was just a dig on Glocks...
    I suppose using a 26 or 27 would make it mini-golf.
    As for actual golfing, Jim, from what I've heard courses take a dim view of disturbing their precious preened grass. Can't imagine they'd be too keen on adding lead to the soil.
    I gotta get out there & visit you to go shooting on BLM land!

Congratulations on your new Glock 21, Yellow cat with the M4!

The G21 was my first pistol, and still my favorite. I've put many, many rounds downrange with it and I don't think I could ever afford enough ammo to begin to wear it out. I hope you end up enjoying yours as much as I continue to enjoy mine. You also mentioned a Taurus .357 snubbie. I've got one of those as well - a 650cia in deep blue. I still get quite surprised by the accuracy of that little thing when plinking with .38 special target ammo. It's very easy to control, even with that tiny grip (of course, shooting a full .357 mag load in that gun is a different story -- my hand stings pretty bad after only 3 rounds).

I don't have any video footage of it, but I used to go "bowling" with my handguns (and occasionally rifles, although they tear up the pins really bad!). Some years ago I politely asked the owner of a bowling alley if he'd sell me some worn out bowling pins to go shoot at, and he ended up giving me two boxes for free - 20 well used Brunswick pins in all. Those things are unbelievably tough! The only thing that damages them badly is high powered rifles.

I used to get a real kick out of "pistol bowling" down in the gravel pits until I had two bullets ricochet back from 40 feet or so and hit me in the abdomen on two separate occasions. They did not break the skin, in fact only gave me blood blisters but I reconsidered the danger of what I was doing, and ceased to shoot at bowling pins from that day forth, with the exception of rifles at ranges 100 yards and over. I still have those two bullets. I remember how hot they were when I pulled them out of the folds of my sweatshirt. Yikes!!
    Last edited by bluehighways; 08-23-2011 at 05:00 AM.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln