• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Primaries Reminder!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I just wanted to remind everyone that there will be various primaries on Tuesday, August 23rd. I want to encourage everyone to get out and vote. We can get on the right track for November by voting now. In case you're not sure what's being decided, here is a quick rundown.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/162392/373/Virginia-Voters-Guide--Primary-August-23-2011
Good reminder SD.

I am expecting a very turbulent year preparing for very turbulent elections next year.
Now is the time to start grooming new politicians.

AtackDuck

99th district

In the 99th primary the only one to return the VCDL candidate survey was Margret Ransone.
She got a very high score.

I guess the others think the VCDL is unimportant and not influential enough. So did a losing gubernatorial candidate named Kilgore...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
In the 99th primary the only one to return the VCDL candidate survey was Margret Ransone.
She got a very high score.

I guess the others think the VCDL is unimportant and not influential enough. So did a losing gubernatorial candidate named Kilgore...

Absolutely but don't forget that his spokesperson who actually said that VCDL had no credibility, is now a key member of the McDonnell administration. We are too forgiving sometimes.

AtackDuck

Absolutely but don't forget that his spokesperson who actually said that VCDL had no credibility, is now a key member of the McDonnell administration. We are too forgiving sometimes.

I forgot that twerp was in McDonnel's camp. He has kept a much lower profile than when he worked for Kilgore. Who says you can't teach an old dog? He seems to have learned to keep his mouth shut when it comes to VCDL. :p

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
VCDL-PAC did not make very many endorsements this year. Both of the Senate candidates in my district answered the VCDL Candidate Survey but neither one received an endorsement. Don't know whether this means that VCDL-PAC is neutral or whether they don't support either candidate. Any thoughts on that?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
For those interested here is the list showing who answer the 2011 VCDL Candidate Survey and how they responded.

http://www.vcdl.org/surveys/Candidates_2011_Primaries.html

If a candidate can't take the time to respond to a survey from a group representing 5000+ citizens, are they going to take the time to listen to an individual constituent if elected? I think not. In addition, I believe those who didn't answer are opposed or neutral to the 2nd Amendment and are therefore not worthy of my vote.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
None of my candidates in the 30th answered. However, I can promise you that at least two of them, and probably all 3, are very anti-gun.

One is running on an anti-gun platform (Libby Garvey) -- unsurprising as she's the handpicked choice of retiring Patsy Ticer.
Adam Ebbin is the choice of anti-gun Scott Surovell. (And his campaign literature has him running not *for* senate but *against* the AG.)
Rob Krupika is a clone of the other two, essentially, so I would not be surprised to find him anti-gun, though he has not responded to requests to complete the survey.

VCDL President

Centurion
VCDL-PAC did not make very many endorsements this year. Both of the Senate candidates in my district answered the VCDL Candidate Survey but neither one received an endorsement. Don't know whether this means that VCDL-PAC is neutral or whether they don't support either candidate. Any thoughts on that?

I don't speak for the VCDL-PAC, but basically if two candidates have pretty much identical surveys and there is no other information to differentiate the candidates, then the PAC would stand neutral and let gun owners decide based on some other non-gun related criteria. Some of you are very lucky that all the candidates in your district answered extremely pro-gun, so you can't lose (at least in the primaries).

nuc65

Activist Member
For those interested here is the list showing who answer the 2011 VCDL Candidate Survey and how they responded.

http://www.vcdl.org/surveys/Candidates_2011_Primaries.html

If a candidate can't take the time to respond to a survey from a group representing 5000+ citizens, are they going to take the time to listen to an individual constituent if elected? I think not. In addition, I believe those who didn't answer are opposed or neutral to the 2nd Amendment and are therefore not worthy of my vote.

It doesn't say how they responded, only pro, not pro, or no response. I called the people and asked their thoughts. (District 22) Claudia was late on her response and she went to the website and saw that VCDL PAC had already endorsed somebody so she said she felt there was no reason to respond. She also told be that she was pro, a member of the NRA and couple of other positive statements to that effect.