Thread: I think I have a problem...

I think I have a problem...

I've had my first pistol- a Springfield .45 compact for less than a week. I'm already contemplating on buying another...maybe a SA subcompact .40 or 9mm. I really like the looks of the bi tone stainless/black. Is this normal? Do I need professional help? \\

Quote Originally Posted by spiderjohn View Post
    I've had my first pistol- a Springfield .45 compact for less than a week. I'm already contemplating on buying another...maybe a SA subcompact .40 or 9mm. I really like the looks of the bi tone stainless/black. Is this normal? Do I need professional help? \\
    Nope! You are reacting normally to your first handgun purchase. Step 1. Relax, assess your financials before buying another gun. Step 2. Disregard your financials and buy another gun. Step 3. Repeat.

I was the same way. After 4 years I am up to 16 handguns not counting my C&Rs.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I'm the same way, but reversed (in terms of firearm). I purchased my first SA XDm (.40) and now I want a .45! I've owned other handguns, as well as rifles and even an AK-47, but sold them all since the family needed money more at the time. (We're doing much better now, hence the recent addition of the .40). I really like my XDm .40, though it feel a bit snappy compared to the .45's of the same model. I'd love a 4" .45 XDm! Someday soon.

--
    Peace. ~G
    Carry weapon: SA XDm .40 SC + 11rd Ranger SXT 180gr

Just make sure you have room in the gun safe.

More is never enough. Firearms will breed in the dark. Before you know it, you will have another and another.......

Quote Originally Posted by spiderjohn View Post
    My every day carry piece is an XD 40 Subcompact with a stainless slide (bi-tone). I replaced the sights with Trijicons and added Pearce Grip Extensions to my magazines. It's been a great little gun that I've been very happy with. It is an accurate, reliable and inexpensive gun, making it ideal for every day carry.

I bought an XDm 9mm as my first gun, and was also looking at the 45 as my next purchase. Interesting that you mention the bi-tone, I got mine the same way and love how it looks, but I get flak from my father about how mich more noticable it is compared to an all black.

Good, then the criminal will see it easier too while I go about my daily business and leave me alone.

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

As a suggestion for a subcompact .40, I can heartily recommend the Taurus PT740 Slim:

Just sayin', from one handgun addict to another.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    my first pistol was a bersa thunder .380.bought it on my 21st birthday. i had it for 5 hours. decided i didnt like it. stuck it in my undewear drawer. went BACK to cabelas and bought a glock :-D to this day as i am 26 years old. that thunder .380 sits in the same spot, unmoved. :-D and now i have alot of guns and no money! JOIN THE CLUB :-D
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

I tell people handguns are like Lay's potato chips - you can't have just one.

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    my first pistol was a bersa thunder .380.bought it on my 21st birthday. i had it for 5 hours. decided i didnt like it. stuck it in my undewear drawer. went BACK to cabelas and bought a glock :-D to this day as i am 26 years old. that thunder .380 sits in the same spot, unmoved. :-D and now i have alot of guns and no money! JOIN THE CLUB :-D
    If you really don't want the Bersa, I 'm sure I could take it off your hands for you at no charge...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."