• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I think I have a problem...

spiderjohn

I've had my first pistol- a Springfield .45 compact for less than a week. I'm already contemplating on buying another...maybe a SA subcompact .40 or 9mm. I really like the looks of the bi tone stainless/black. Is this normal? Do I need professional help? \\:lol::lol::lol:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I've had my first pistol- a Springfield .45 compact for less than a week. I'm already contemplating on buying another...maybe a SA subcompact .40 or 9mm. I really like the looks of the bi tone stainless/black. Is this normal? Do I need professional help? \\:lol::lol::lol:

Nope! You are reacting normally to your first handgun purchase. Step 1. Relax, assess your financials before buying another gun. Step 2. Disregard your financials and buy another gun. Step 3. Repeat.

I was the same way. After 4 years I am up to 16 handguns not counting my C&Rs. :D

GuidoZ

I'm the same way, but reversed (in terms of firearm). I purchased my first SA XDm (.40) and now I want a .45! I've owned other handguns, as well as rifles and even an AK-47, but sold them all since the family needed money more at the time. (We're doing much better now, hence the recent addition of the .40). I really like my XDm .40, though it feel a bit snappy compared to the .45's of the same model. I'd love a 4" .45 XDm! Someday soon. :)

--
Peace. ~G

The Wolfhound

Just make sure you have room in the gun safe.

More is never enough. Firearms will breed in the dark. Before you know it, you will have another and another.......

cbpeck

My every day carry piece is an XD 40 Subcompact with a stainless slide (bi-tone). I replaced the sights with Trijicons and added Pearce Grip Extensions to my magazines. It's been a great little gun that I've been very happy with. It is an accurate, reliable and inexpensive gun, making it ideal for every day carry.

Baked on Grease

I bought an XDm 9mm as my first gun, and was also looking at the 45 as my next purchase. Interesting that you mention the bi-tone, I got mine the same way and love how it looks, but I get flak from my father about how mich more noticable it is compared to an all black.

Good, then the criminal will see it easier too while I go about my daily business and leave me alone.

Sent using tapatalk

MilProGuy

As a suggestion for a subcompact .40, I can heartily recommend the Taurus PT740 Slim:

740slim.jpg

Just sayin', from one handgun addict to another.:)

carry for myself

my first pistol was a bersa thunder .380.bought it on my 21st birthday. i had it for 5 hours. decided i didnt like it. stuck it in my undewear drawer. went BACK to cabelas and bought a glock :-D to this day as i am 26 years old. that thunder .380 sits in the same spot, unmoved. :-D and now i have alot of guns and no money! JOIN THE CLUB :-D

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
my first pistol was a bersa thunder .380.bought it on my 21st birthday. i had it for 5 hours. decided i didnt like it. stuck it in my undewear drawer. went BACK to cabelas and bought a glock :-D to this day as i am 26 years old. that thunder .380 sits in the same spot, unmoved. :-D and now i have alot of guns and no money! JOIN THE CLUB :-D

If you really don't want the Bersa, I 'm sure I could take it off your hands for you at no charge...:D