Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sour Cops

Banned

Sour Cops

I would say its unbelievable, but I can't. The female officer, (I hesitate to call her that, she's a disgrace to the uniform), should be charged with assault, and fired immediately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04MNf...eature=feedlik

She ought to lose that hand.

Banned

from the comments

Quote : @Therighttotruth those who make a peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. JFK....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Absolutely.

Despicable. The female cop was way out of line. I used to have such a high opinion of any police actions. I used to support them on anything. This forum has opened my eyes...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I'm sure she was just hitting the camera for 'officer safety'.....

How dare them sell lemonade in the United States. Are they crazy?
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Despicable. The female cop was way out of line. I used to have such a high opinion of any police actions. I used to support them on anything. This forum has opened my eyes...
    Same here man.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    I'm sure she was just hitting the camera for 'officer safety'.....
    LOL!!!! It wouldn't stop resisting...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Same here man.
    As a former member of the counterculture, I had a heads up on this. What I've learned since I've been here, is that they do it to people on both sides of the law.

So, a person should lose a hand due to assault?

While I agree the lady cop should be up on charges, lose a hand for that?

Not even close to an "eye for an eye"...

No longer talking about justice, talking about vengeance/retribution... I believe that is someone elses job...

Banned
    Then do it without a sense of vengeance, as I cannot argue with your point. She wanted to be held to a higher standard, so let it be a message sent to the others.,

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    Assault and battery, violation of rights under color of law, violating oath to uphold the Constitution, threats, kidnapping...

Tell you what, we'll let her have a choice: lose the hand or do 50 in supermax.

During colonial times, tax-collectors and navy pressers were tarred-and-feathered, and in some cases hanged, because the people realized the threat they posed to society. The balance of power is currently so asymmetrical that it it will likely take some asymmetry to bring the government caste back where they belong, under the heel of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Then do it without a sense of vengeance, as I cannot argue with your point. She wanted to be held to a higher standard, so let it be a message sent to the others.,
    And this. ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    While I agree that Officers should be held to as high standard, I could not justify harming someone physically like that based upon the nature of her actions as it is not punishment befitting the crime. When you lost your CPL for a time, should they have "harmed you for life" by taking away your firearm rights for life so as to send a message that others CPL Holders would fear? Is that justice?

Take her job away: Agreed.

Take her freedom away by convicting her of the crime of assault and locking her away in prison for a time: Agreed.

Is that not enough for other officers to see and understand the consequences?

Banned
    Very well. Common sense beats emotion. I'll admit to that.

Im just getting too accustomed to officials doing things like this, and much worse, without consequence. I think this trend is what is causing people to call for thier heads.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 08-21-2011 at 11:25 PM.

While I agree that Officers should be held to as high standard, I could not justify harming someone physically like that based upon the nature of her actions as it is not punishment befitting the crime.
    Says who? You? A bunch of dress-wearing idiots on a court panel who decided that the worst of the worst child rapists can't be executed despite state laws? (see Kennedy v. Louisiana) Punishment fitting the crime is in the eye of the beholder.

Is that not enough for other officers to see and understand the consequences?
    Apparently not, because it (and similar incidents) keep happening, regardless of what (admittedly, usually very lacking) punishment caught cops receive.

Assault and battery, violation of rights under color of law, violating oath to uphold the Constitution, threats, kidnapping...

Tell you what, we'll let her have a choice: lose the hand or do 50 in supermax.

During colonial times, tax-collectors and navy pressers were tarred-and-feathered, and in some cases hanged, because the people realized the threat they posed to society. The balance of power is currently so asymmetrical that it it will likely take some asymmetry to bring the government caste back where they belong, under the heel of the people.
    The punishment does not fit the crime. You are so full of hate, you cannot even begin to see that...

Even the YouTube Poster admits they were breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamKoresh
    While the officers were technically on solid "legal" ground in shutting down the stand...
    Like I stated before: Don't Like It, Change It! If the government is wrong, then there is ample provisioning for righting it. Guess it isn't so "childish and ridiculous after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Declaration of Independence
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
    And what do Tax Collectors and Navy Pressers have to do with this?

Says who? You? A bunch of dress-wearing idiots on a court panel who decided that the worst of the worst child rapists can't be executed despite state laws? (see Kennedy v. Louisiana) Punishment fitting the crime is in the eye of the beholder.

Apparently not, because it (and similar incidents) keep happening, regardless of what (admittedly, usually very lacking) punishment caught cops receive.
    No, the current government does not punish the police officers very often who commit crimes. This is what causes the problems with both the Police thinking they can "get away with murder" and with Internet Posters such as yourself wanting Vengeance instead of Justice.

God gave the guideline long ago: "Eye for an Eye".

And what do Tax Collectors and Navy Pressers have to do with this?
    Government agents abusing the inherent rights of the people.

You are so full of ignorance that you can't see that.

Banned
    Videos like this, and forums like this, are the best way to garner enough support to change the laws. Otherwise, there would only be some 50 odd people who were in the park that would be even aware of these embarrassments.

The people who were arrested for dancing at the Jefferson Memorial apparently won thier battle.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

While I agree the lady cop should be up on charges, lose a hand for that?

Not even close to an "eye for an eye"...

No longer talking about justice, talking about vengeance/retribution... I believe that is someone elses job...
    she escalated to assault for first amendment protected filming, so why not escalate her punishment?
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Government agents abusing the inherent rights of the people.

You are so full of ignorance that you can't see that.
    Still going with the personal attacks? Not your strong suit buddy...

So, we have a way to CHANGE the government. What are YOU doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    she escalated to assault for first amendment protected filming, so why not escalate her punishment?
    So then, what is Just Punishment for her crime?

How would what you propose be Just?

If you or someone in your family committed the same crime, should they receive the same punishment?

Why or Why Not?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    One of the youtube comments was someone who said that if she had done that to him, she would have swallowed her teeth.

A good punishment to her, would be if someone did feed her those teeth, that no charges or harm could come to that person.

That would send a very powerful message to those who would act like she did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast