• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disorderly conduct?

KIX

I thought this stuff wasn't supposed to happen anymore now that all toy guns have those orange tips.......

We didn't see that coming!!!!

Jonathan

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
From the picture, the two are obviously children. It is sad to me that someone actually thought a midget army was invading the town...

carracer

I used to live there, went to school there (LBCC), never was scared there. Always had some sort of shootin' iron in the car as did most of the students there.

Shawn Mitola

I like this comment to that buy back article. can anyone find the law he is referring to?

Kids need to play with guns. They need to handle them, learn to point them, and learn to shoot with them. Parents need to show them their gun (you do know it's a federal law that all males under 45 years old own one, right?) and show them the difference between the toy, and the real thing.

When they are about 7 or 8 for boys and 10-12 for girls, they need to go to the range with their parents and see and hear people shooting. A water balloon example is great, where the balloon explodes when hit, makes a really good impression on what a gun really does. A safety calss should follow on firearms safety in the home and safe shooting with a chance to fire a weapon afterwards. .22's are good for this... light weight, easy to shoot, not so scary.

THIS is how you keep kids from getting hurt with guns. Education, experience, and common sense.

Gunslinger

So would Lawlor, Lt. Vance and the various misinformed/malicious chiefs file disorderly conduct or breach of peace charges on these kids?

http://www.weerdworld.com/2011/full-auto-stupid/

"They will not face any charges..." WTF! What charges? Two children playing? I know the albany cops are ******* morons, but to say this is incredible! And the idiot who called it in is just as bad. ny is a shithole 3rd world country. Surprised the cops and swat clowns didn't just open fire...hard to say "it's for the children" then...