Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: OC in Columbus

  1. #1
    Regular Member Eeyore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    on the move
    Posts
    558

    OC in Columbus

    I hardly ever OC here. In fact, my carry is quite limited because anytime I leave the house I'm probably going to one or more of the forbidden places (government installation, church, or post office). However, after ventilating some paper at Mitch's Saturday morning, I OCed my M&P for lunch at Sweet Pepper's deli and then an hour or so of shopping at the Museum of the Decline of American Civilization (a.k.a. Walmart). As usual, no problems. I think most people didn't even notice.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

  2. #2
    Regular Member bigun220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Soso, MS
    Posts
    67
    Glad to hear you didn't have any encounters. Have you considered taking a firearms course so you can get an endorsement on your permit? I know most folks on here despise the training requirement but its not bad at all. I got the endorsement about 2 weeks ago. You'll at least be able to carry in the "forbidden" places except police stations, prisons, crackhouses, etc.

  3. #3
    Regular Member 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by bigun220 View Post
    Glad to hear you didn't have any encounters. Have you considered taking a firearms course so you can get an endorsement on your permit? I know most folks on here despise the training requirement but its not bad at all. I got the endorsement about 2 weeks ago. You'll at least be able to carry in the "forbidden" places except police stations, prisons, crackhouses, etc.
    Pardon the thread hijack, but what course did you take to get the endorsement? I haven't seen a list of what would count as an "approved" course. I assume the NRA's "Basic Pistol Shooting Course" or something equivalent would work.

  4. #4
    Regular Member bigun220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Soso, MS
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    Pardon the thread hijack, but what course did you take to get the endorsement? I haven't seen a list of what would count as an "approved" course. I assume the NRA's "Basic Pistol Shooting Course" or something equivalent would work.
    I completed the "Handgun Safety and Shooting Fundamentals" course at Elite Arms Training in Wiggins, MS. As far as I know, DPS will accept any NRA course or similar 8hr course if completed after july 1st.

    DPS has a list of instructors. http://www.dps.state.ms.us/dps/dps.n...s?OpenDocument
    Last edited by bigun220; 08-23-2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: instructor list link provided

  5. #5
    Regular Member Eeyore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    on the move
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by bigun220 View Post
    ....Have you considered taking a firearms course so you can get an endorsement on your permit? I know most folks on here despise the training requirement but its not bad at all. I got the endorsement about 2 weeks ago. You'll at least be able to carry in the "forbidden" places except police stations, prisons, crackhouses, etc.
    Not much point, really. It still wouldn't help me at 2 of the 3 big obstacles (base & P.O.). Besides, I'll be doing all my OC for the next year in Afghanistan. I don't think anyone there will ask me for my permit.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    SNIP... Besides, I'll be doing all my OC for the next year in Afghanistan. I don't think anyone there will ask me for my permit.
    You will have no problem with people asking for a permit here, no one has once batted an eye... but of course everyone else is carrying also!
    Stay safe when you get over here and get back home without a Purple Heart!!

  7. #7
    Regular Member bigun220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Soso, MS
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Not much point, really. It still wouldn't help me at 2 of the 3 big obstacles (base & P.O.). Besides, I'll be doing all my OC for the next year in Afghanistan. I don't think anyone there will ask me for my permit.
    Ohh. Yeah I don't think they will ask in Afghanistan. Be careful over there.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Eeyore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    on the move
    Posts
    558
    OCed on my evening walk around the neighborhood with my wife. It was pretty dark and we really didn't encounter anybody (except for cars passing on the street), so it doesn't really count.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •