• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked Councilman Steve Ross on the air how he felt about open carry.

The Big Guy

First of all, I never claimed to have any pull on him. I said he is my friend. I mentioned this to him, and he promised to look into it. I believe him.

Even if he does not, it gives you no call to insult him. I do not hold any politician in high regard, if he will jump at anything just because we tell him. He can do the research and decide what to do or not to do. That does not mean that I would hold him in less regard. I might be disappointed, and try to speak to him some more, but that's it. I don't like bully tactics, which is what you are dangerously sounding like.

I would just recommend that we give him some time. (And yes, he is VERY busy. He runs all over town every day). We just might see some action on his part. I am confident that he will get back to us.

How in the world did you get that out of what I said???

TBG

CSINEV

HAY...HAY... wait a minute, lets all calm down. If we are going to squabble it helps no ones cause. Which last time I checked was the same for everyone here. The Big Guy is a passionate man when it comes to what he believes is an injustice to the rights of all of us. He is forward and to the point. Please do not mistake his passion and strong belief that the law should be followed by all for bulling.

You are a good person who has thought strongly enough of this that you made a call to a friend who is also a politician. You asked your friend to please give this your attention and he said he would. Thank you for that.

I'm the one who asked him if he would do something about this on the radio and in an e-mail. For that I do expect a reply because I am a business owner and I do a significant amount of business in Las Vegas city limits and I feel I am entitled to that response.

The sheriff, CA, and AG have a strong view of gun control and have made it clear thier interpretation is correct. They have a boss, the politicians. The politicians have a boss too, us. So lets stay focused on educating our politician on the law properly while he his mislead by the others. He is most likely a very bright man and will see for him self the wrong interpretation that is being used. It is going to take time and maybe even a face to face meeting to keep this moving.

Many times passionate men have a hard time working together because we believe so strongly in what we are doing it clouds the efforts of others. Remember guys we are all on here for one purpose lets work together for that purpose and nothing else. No one is blaming anyone here or meaning any harm. Lets just check all that at the door and move on please.