Thread: Green Card

Green Card

does anyone know if a legal non citizen can OC or CC

Centurion
    Depends upon the specific State law. In Utah if no other legal disqualifiers and 18 years or older, then yep!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Accomplished Advocate
    In Missouri you are required to be a resident. It violates the constitution, however it has not been fixed.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

so in Missouri if u are a resident but not a citizen only a resident alien can u OC and can u cc

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    In Missouri you are required to be a resident. It violates the constitution, however it has not been fixed.
    Someone with a green card is a resident.

Can you elaborate on the terms used in the law?

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Someone with a green card is a resident.

Can you elaborate on the terms used in the law?
    rsmo 571.xxx

2. A certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to subsection 7 of this section shall be issued by the sheriff or his or her designee of the county or city in which the applicant resides, if the applicant:

(1) Is at least twenty-three years of age, is a citizen of the United States and either:

(a) Has assumed residency in this state; or

(b) Is a member of the armed forces stationed in Missouri, or the spouse of such member of the military;
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by phator View Post
    does anyone know if a legal non citizen can OC or CC
    You still can carry on an out of state license as the requirements to carry under that section are a lot less stringent than the requirements to get a license. If you wanted a MO license, you would be able to get one if you filed in federal district court. The alien issue has been beaten into the ground. It's even going on right now in Mass (Fletcher v Haas). The case law is setttled, aliens are subject to strict scrutiny.

In the meantime, if you want to be able to carry immediately, I recommend getting a license from Maine or Florida.