• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Card

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
In Missouri you are required to be a resident. It violates the constitution, however it has not been fixed.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Someone with a green card is a resident.

Can you elaborate on the terms used in the law?

rsmo 571.xxx

2. A certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to subsection 7 of this section shall be issued by the sheriff or his or her designee of the county or city in which the applicant resides, if the applicant:

(1) Is at least twenty-three years of age, is a citizen of the United States and either:

(a) Has assumed residency in this state; or

(b) Is a member of the armed forces stationed in Missouri, or the spouse of such member of the military;

Jared

does anyone know if a legal non citizen can OC or CC

You still can carry on an out of state license as the requirements to carry under that section are a lot less stringent than the requirements to get a license. If you wanted a MO license, you would be able to get one if you filed in federal district court. The alien issue has been beaten into the ground. It's even going on right now in Mass (Fletcher v Haas). The case law is setttled, aliens are subject to strict scrutiny.

In the meantime, if you want to be able to carry immediately, I recommend getting a license from Maine or Florida.