• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question to ponder.

CSINEV

The supreme court has said the constitutional rights of individuals engaged in personal expression activities on sidewalks can not be regulated buy property owners public or private of those sidewalks as long as the sidewalks are open for public access and egress through the area.

My thought is this, schools have sidewalks and as long as you do not enter the property line of the school and stay on the sidewalk or in the street you are protected by the supreme court ruling that you as a passer-by cannot have your constitutional rights taken away or regulated in any way by that property owner private or public. And as we all know constitutional law will trump any local law.

So here is the question, If your rights to the first amendment or protected wouldn't all of your constitutional rights also be?

Thoughts?

Robin47

The supreme court has said the constitutional rights of individuals engaged in personal expression activities on sidewalks can not be regulated buy property owners public or private of those sidewalks as long as the sidewalks are open for public access and egress through the area.

My thought is this, schools have sidewalks and as long as you do not enter the property line of the school and stay on the sidewalk or in the street you are protected by the supreme court ruling that you as a passer-by cannot have your constitutional rights taken away or regulated in any way by that property owner private or public. And as we all know constitutional law will trump any local law.

So here is the question, If your rights to the first amendment or protected wouldn't all of your constitutional rights also be?
Thoughts?

Yes that's why Its called the bill of rights. "The right of the people" in the 1st,2nd,4th -Amendments and then in the 9th
it says "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage
others retained by the people".
That means you have other rights, such as Liberty and freedom is the exercise of that Liberty.

However there are many who are working at corrupting our Constitution, which is our ( Contract ) with
those who would be our nations leaders. Its sad :( Robni47