Thread: whats your bug

whats your bug

my bug is a new lcp 380...

Depends upon the day...

I switch it up sometimes but typically it is a Taurus TCP738.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .380.
    "A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun"
    Don Henley

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    Depends upon the day...

^
    Yep - some days a small bug - others the BFG
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

i have not took this 380 to the range i better like it..lol

Ruger LC9

i am still looking. so far, i am considering the colt mustang and the sig P238.

Quote Originally Posted by rvd4now View Post
    i have not took this 380 to the range i better like it..lol
    Make sure you do some range time with that pistol and with the SD ammo of choice. Hate to have you need it and it doesn't function properly.

In my Sig P238 HDW, I run Winchester Ranger 95 Grain T-Series.

http://www.winchester.com/PRODUCTS/L...es/RA380T.aspx

now are u guys bug oc or cc.

Depends upon the day...

Depends upon the day...
    hum....

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricianLU58 View Post
    i am still looking. so far, i am considering the colt mustang and the sig P238.
    The Sig P238 is a great gun, the HD model is a little heavier and I liked how it handled just a bit better.

http://www.sigsauerguns.com/sig-saue...auer-p238-hdw/

CC, small of back in a desantis sof-tuck
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

When C.C. becomes legal (with Permit) in WI after Nov. 1, I will continue to legally Open Carry my XD-40 (.40 Cal.) and will probably have my future C.C. firearm as my BUG.... Glock 27 Gen. 4 Sub-Compact also .40 Cal.... Maybe in a ankle holster.... or then again .... maybe not.

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Depends upon the day...
    Ditto
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    Ditto
    I hesitate carrying a bug concealed because, if stopped, I must notify and show my cpl and ID if asked.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 08-23-2011 at 12:31 AM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    I hesitate carrying a bug concealed because, if stopped, I must notify and show my cpl and ID if asked.
    This is true, this is why it all depends on the day, and situation. Sometimes I carry a BUG, sometimes I don't, sometimes I OC the BUG, but I usually CC it. I have around 6 different pistols and revolvers that I use for a BUG. Only 3 that I use regularly for a primary, 1 of which is used 95% of the time. I also have a couple purely for the range, and of course the Michigan Pistol for HD.

Just goes to show OC is so much more convenient. I usually OC the same pistol 95% of the time, the other time I OC, I carry a specific revolver. When I know I am going to be CCing a primary, I CC 1 of 2 pistols. Now comes the problem with true CC, convenience, in order to do so "comfortably", you must own several different pistol/revolvers. I hate hearing the statement by CC'rs, "you dress around your firearm", I am sorry but that is dumb. I am going to dress how I want, and I am not going to take the time out of my day to change clothes, if I deiced I am going somewhere, that I decide I want to carry a firearm, or a different firearm. Many people who get their CPL, decide not to carry on a daily basis, because they get it in their head in their CPL class, "you [have to] dress around your firearm", and they are not willing to make the commitment, and don't have the money to buy new clothes, RIDICULES! We need to change this MYTH!
    Last edited by eastmeyers; 08-23-2011 at 07:52 AM.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Either a Kel-Tec P-32 or a S&W 60 .38 special.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Haven't gotten my BUG yet, but considering LCP, LC9, Kel-Tec PF9, or Diamondback DB9. Somewhat considering Kahr CW9 or CM9. PM9 is too much money.

Planning to OC primary and CC BUG weakside in pocket or at 7:30 IWB

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    This is true, this is why it all depends on the day, and situation. Sometimes I carry a BUG, sometimes I don't, sometimes I OC the BUG, but I usually CC it. I have around 6 different pistols and revolvers that I use for a BUG. Only 3 that I use regularly for a primary, 1 of which is used 95% of the time. I also have a couple purely for the range, and of course the Michigan Pistol for HD.

Just goes to show OC is so much more convenient. I usually OC the same pistol 95% of the time, the other time I OC, I carry a specific revolver. When I know I am going to be CCing a primary, I CC 1 of 2 pistols. Now comes the problem with true CC, convenience, in order to do so "comfortably", you must own several different pistol/revolvers. I hate hearing the statement by CC'rs, "you dress around your firearm", I am sorry but that is dumb. I am going to dress how I want, and I am not going to take the time out of my day to change clothes, if I deiced I am going somewhere, that I decide I want to carry a firearm, or a different firearm. Many people who get their CPL, decide not to carry on a daily basis, because they get it in their head in their CPL class, "you [have to] dress around your firearm", and they are not willing to make the commitment, and don't have the money to buy new clothes, RIDICULES! We need to change this MYTH!
    I hated it when, while walking, I was stopped by the GR cop in January; I had to show cpl and DL as I was carrying my p-64 as a bug.

I agree with your statement of OC being an advantage... the larger the pistol the more I think OC is advantageous. I have 2 acquaintances who, although they have a CPL, very rarely carry in the summer because the pistols are too large/ uncomfortable (at least to them). I pity the poor souls who live in Florida, who wear shorts and shirt probably 90% of the year who must CC (only "momentary" OC, or some other very limited exceptions allowed).
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

I firmly believe in the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle hence I like Glocks because they are immediately ready to use.

So... keeping in line with KISS... I open carry a G26 always on my right hip so I know where it is because that is where it always is...

Also keeping KISS in mind... my bug in my jeans pocket is also a G26 because I don't have to do any thinking about how to use it since it is the same as the other, OC'd, gun and they both work the same.

But about that "dressing around the gun" thing..............

Again... keeping in line with KISS ....... my wardrobe consists of many black button up shirts and many black jeans.... nothing else.
    Last edited by Bikenut; 08-23-2011 at 12:16 PM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I firmly believe in the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle hence I like Glocks because they are immediately ready to use.

So... keeping in line with KISS... I open carry a G26 always on my right hip so I know where it is because that is where it always is...

Also keeping KISS in mind... my bug in my jeans pocket is also a G26 because I don't have to do any thinking about how to use it since it is the same as the other, OC'd, gun and they both work the same.

But about that "dressing around the gun" thing..............

Again... keeping in line with KISS ....... my wardrobe consists of many black button up shirts and many black jeans.... nothing else.
    M&P 9 for EDC, M&P 9c for BUG. Basically same firearm, same rounds, same magazines. One breaks, the other can be used with the same equipment.

Two is One, One is None... Murphy's Law Applies...

I too stopped carrying a bug because of the disclosure requirement. I sold my LCP, just bit too hard when firing. I'll consider a new CC piece soon for when CC is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    I too stopped carrying a bug because of the disclosure requirement. I sold my LCP, just bit too hard when firing. I'll consider a new CC piece soon for when CC is a must.
    Let me know, we can go shoot my Ruger LCR 38 Special (with Hogue Recoil Tamer Grip), my Sig P238 .380 ACP, and my S&W M&P 9c. These are my primary BUGs/CC.