• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

whats your bug

Outdoorsman1

When C.C. becomes legal (with Permit) in WI after Nov. 1, I will continue to legally Open Carry my XD-40 (.40 Cal.) and will probably have my future C.C. firearm as my BUG.... Glock 27 Gen. 4 Sub-Compact also .40 Cal.... Maybe in a ankle holster.... or then again .... maybe not.

Outdoorsman1

eastmeyers

I hesitate carrying a bug concealed because, if stopped, I must notify and show my cpl and ID if asked.
This is true, this is why it all depends on the day, and situation. Sometimes I carry a BUG, sometimes I don't, sometimes I OC the BUG, but I usually CC it. I have around 6 different pistols and revolvers that I use for a BUG. Only 3 that I use regularly for a primary, 1 of which is used 95% of the time. I also have a couple purely for the range, and of course the Michigan Pistol for HD.

Just goes to show OC is so much more convenient. I usually OC the same pistol 95% of the time, the other time I OC, I carry a specific revolver. When I know I am going to be CCing a primary, I CC 1 of 2 pistols. Now comes the problem with true CC, convenience, in order to do so "comfortably", you must own several different pistol/revolvers. I hate hearing the statement by CC'rs, "you dress around your firearm", I am sorry but that is dumb. I am going to dress how I want, and I am not going to take the time out of my day to change clothes, if I deiced I am going somewhere, that I decide I want to carry a firearm, or a different firearm. Many people who get their CPL, decide not to carry on a daily basis, because they get it in their head in their CPL class, "you [have to] dress around your firearm", and they are not willing to make the commitment, and don't have the money to buy new clothes, RIDICULES! We need to change this MYTH!

Last edited:

HKcarrier

Haven't gotten my BUG yet, but considering LCP, LC9, Kel-Tec PF9, or Diamondback DB9. Somewhat considering Kahr CW9 or CM9. PM9 is too much money.

Planning to OC primary and CC BUG weakside in pocket or at 7:30 IWB