• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Biden "fully understands" policy that includes forced abortions.

eye95

Vice President Biden said:
Your policy has been one which I fully understand -- I’m not second-guessing -- of one child per family.

http://iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/.../20110821131809su0.2135279.html#axzz1VmAAsnbj

He does realize that this policy that he "fully understand" has been used to force abortions, to force sterilizations, and to imprison those who would dare have a second child? Of course he does. How could he not?

Another visit to the dentist. Another footectomy.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
http://iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/.../20110821131809su0.2135279.html#axzz1VmAAsnbj

He does realize that this policy that he "fully understand" has been used to force abortions, to force sterilizations, and to imprison those who would dare have a second child? Of course he does. How could he not?

I'm sure you're aware that abortion and eugenics were a significant platform of the 1920's "progressive" movement. Leftists view humans as a resource that needs to be controlled, even in quantity, so they can be more productive for the state.

Deanimator

Based on his numerous public statements on a variety of subjects, I submit that Joe Biden in fact understands very little about anything.

I'm firmly convinced that Obama chose Biden as his running mate because he determined that even somebody consumed with hatred for him wouldn't want to do something that could put the nuclear "football" in the hands of Grandpa Simpson.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Based on his numerous public statements on a variety of subjects, I submit that Joe Biden in fact understands very little about anything.

I'm firmly convinced that Obama chose Biden as his running mate because he determined that even somebody consumed with hatred for him wouldn't want to do something that could put the nuclear "football" in the hands of Grandpa Simpson.

What did Abe Simpson ever do to you? He's just a cartoon character, he doesn't deserve such insults.

Tawnos

Not a fan of Biden, but you are seriously twisting his words. The more complete quote is:
But as I was talking to some of your leaders, you share a similar concern here in China. You have no safety net. Your policy has been one which I fully understand -- I’m not second-guessing -- of one child per family. The result being that you’re in a position where one wage earner will be taking care of four retired people. Not sustainable.

The phrase "fully understand" isn't "fully endorse", but "fully know to be true". It's like someone saying to us "your idea is one I fully understand - I'm not second guessing - of open carrying firearms". That says nothing of the speaker's support for the position, just that they understand/know/comprehend what our position is. He follows up to say the policy is unsustainable, likening it to how our budget and current policy paralysis is unsustainable. If anything, it's a subtle jab at a bad policy, but you're quoting him as if he's saying "I wish we had the same here."

Tawnos

I'm sure you're aware that abortion and eugenics were a significant platform of the 1920's "progressive" movement. Leftists view humans as a resource that needs to be controlled, even in quantity, so they can be more productive for the state.

StrawMan.jpg

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Just for the record......

You can have a second child in China. The laws vary a bit by region. In some regions, if the parents were both only children they can have two. If a couple have a child and get a divorce, the person who does not have custody can have another child.

In most places, if you want to have another child you need only pay a fee based on your income.

I don't agree with any of this of course, but I wanted to clarify that it is not that big of a deal to have a second child in China.

ManInBlack

Not a fan of Biden, but you are seriously twisting his words. The more complete quote is:

The phrase "fully understand" isn't "fully endorse", but "fully know to be true". It's like someone saying to us "your idea is one I fully understand - I'm not second guessing - of open carrying firearms". That says nothing of the speaker's support for the position, just that they understand/know/comprehend what our position is. He follows up to say the policy is unsustainable, likening it to how our budget and current policy paralysis is unsustainable. If anything, it's a subtle jab at a bad policy, but you're quoting him as if he's saying "I wish we had the same here."

Wow, who would have thought that the poster who whines the most about people not quoting him in full would take someone else out of context...

/sarcasm

jbone

Regardless what he's said to have said, he said more than 6300 words. That's the hard part to believe! :banana:

eye95

You can have a second child in China. The laws vary a bit by region. In some regions, if the parents were both only children they can have two. If a couple have a child and get a divorce, the person who does not have custody can have another child.

In most places, if you want to have another child you need only pay a fee based on your income.

I don't agree with any of this of course, but I wanted to clarify that it is not that big of a deal to have a second child in China.

Oh, well, OK then. These clarifications make the policy acceptable.

This is how the left (including China) make rules. They try to be in such control over every detail that they need to build exceptions into the law. And then, exceptions to the exceptions. They also need to create waivers to the exceptions and justifications for not getting waivers to the exceptions. Then, even if you have no justification for not getting the waiver to the exception, you may still be allowed to slide, while "resources" are focused on whatever they think the "real problem" is today.

The best rules are simply stated principles that all can understand, not complex constructions requiring a lawyer to understand.

eye95

I see nothing in Biden's statement, whether you choose a single sentence, as I have, or three sentences, as others have, or the whole 6300 words, that communicates the slightest dampening of the sentence I quoted.

No matter, if anyone wants all, or any part, of his accompanying words, they were included in my post by reference via an easily clickable URL that clearly accompanies the quoted portion. I take no responsibility for anyone who cannot figure out how to click the provided link or how to read the content at that link.

Moving on from this silly bit of puffery to return to discussing Biden's "understanding" of this policy that calls for forced abortions, forced sterilizations, and criminal persecution...er...prosecution for those who dare to have a second child (without having the requisite waiver, exception, justification, or party affiliation).

Tawnos

I see nothing in Biden's statement, whether you choose a single sentence, as I have, or three sentences, as others have, or the whole 6300 words, that communicates the slightest dampening of the sentence I quoted.

No matter, if anyone wants all, or any part, of his accompanying words, they were included in my post by reference via an easily clickable URL that clearly accompanies the quoted portion. I take no responsibility for anyone who cannot figure out how to click the provided link or how to read the content at that link.

Moving on from this silly bit of puffery to return to discussing Biden's "understanding" of this policy that calls for forced abortions, forced sterilizations, and criminal persecution...er...prosecution for those who dare to have a second child (without having the requisite waiver, exception, justification, or party affiliation).

I fully understand the holocaust. I don't endorse it, or support it, but I do understand it. I know the things leading up to it, the psychological effects that allow such murder to occur, and the outcomes of it. It was a bad policy, a terrible tragedy, and a stain on human history, and I hope we can be better than making the same mistake.

Saying the above, your quote is similar to taking the very first sentence and saying "you understand murdering Jews, gypsies, gays, and the rest of the 'undesireables'" as if the rest of the things I said...weren't. It's lying, twisting words, putting a spin on what is being communicated. It most certainly dampens the sentence when he follows up with "Not sustainable" and "So hopefully we can act in a way on a problem that's much less severe than yours, and maybe we can learn together from how we can do that. "

He calls their policy a problem. He shows that it has problems, and he does it in a way that is subtle enough to not put the other nation on the spot. Trying to twist it any other way is dishonest.