• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Looking For Suspect In Moscow Shooting

Savage206

funny how he is an assistant professor in the Psychology dept... :eek: My sister lives in Moscow. I will need to alert her of this.

Vandal

The shooting actually took place off campus where carry is legal. The suspected shooter was found dead in the Best Western with a self-inflicted GSW. What a f&cking coward. I am curious as to the motives behind the shooting.

Hunt4261

Shocking

I have a sneaking suspicion I may have met the shooter at the pistol range a few months ago O_O. The guy I met was an assistant professor of psychology at U of I, he was about 30 years old, had dark hair, and I think his first name started with an E, so it's a possibility.

This article has a picture of the shooter, Ernesto Bustamante.
http://www.standard.net/stories/2011/08/25/slain-idaho-grads-roommates-named-professor-911-call
The victim and shooter had apparently been in a relationship and it had ended after he threatened her on several different occasions with firearms, even putting a gun in her mouth once. Sad story anyway, too bad the victim wasn't armed.

For such a small town it sure seems like Moscow has had more than its fare share of gun crime in the last few years. Of course this sort of thing is why they should allow carry on campus. If the victim had lived in housing on campus the U of I 'no guns' policy wouldn't have stopped this guy.