• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EARTHQUAKE - Everybody OK?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
First reported as 5.8, now updated to 6.0 earthquake centered in Mineral, Va. Lasted maybe 10 seconds - probably less. Fox is saying 25 seconds, but they have got to be wrong.

Everybody OK?

Fox is saying DC is evacuating all the federal buildings, and it was felt as far away as Boston.

Fun tmes!

Who needs help?

stay safe.

Baked on Grease

Lasted about 45 secs total for me in NOVA, the real big part only lasted about 10 secs then died off quickly but it built up for a good 30 secs before it got rough. Cracked the concrete for my front stoop >.<

My father in law lives not far from Mineral, I'll have to check up on him....

DocWalker

Hope everyones family is ok but God has real bad timing considering all of congress and the pres are on vacation. Maybe we can spin this to show it was Gods way of punishing DC for their anti-gun policies.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The breakers tripped at Anna. I wonder if Wyche wet his pants:lol::banana::monkey

WalkingWolf

It lasted about a minute here, I thought it was strange that the house was shaking and there were no bombing sounds from the Ft Bragg. I stopped the light fixture from moving a good minute afterwards and it started to sway again. About 5 minutes before it stopped completely.

Funny thing is I thought we were about due. About a month ago I was working on a knife and balancing it on the pommel when I noticed it ocilating. I stopped it and it kept doing it, it has been doing it for some time when I balance it. It is now motionless since the quake settled.

rscottie

It is being reported that this was not an earthquake....

It was just the value of the dollar hitting rock bottom as a result of Obama and his policies.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'll bet the Kalifornians are on the floor laughing at us. It's all over the news.

I'd better take the ATV to the river and watch for Tsunamis.:uhoh:

VApatriot

It was felt here in Blacksburg, but I didn't feel anything for more than just a few seconds. I said to my self "Was that an earthquake?" and then thought "No, it couldn't have been one. It must have just been the fat guy in the apartment above me finally getting out of bed."

HeroHog

My friends working in Charlottesville said they were clearing their 3 story building to check for structural damage! They did tell me that it didn't feel all that bad to them so I guess the mgt is just being cautious.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The breakers tripped at Anna. I wonder if Wyche wet his pants:lol::banana::monkey

WRVA Radio is reporting that Surry has also been shut down.

Lots of spotty reports with little actual confirmation.

Anybody notice commie transport planes dropping Cuban parachutists or anything like that?

stay safe.

DJEEPER

was on the 5th floor of Riverside Hopspital. My bed was rolling around the room a little bit. Was pretty freaky.