• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Northwest Citizens Defense League (NWCDL) is back up

Dave Workman

Dave,

I have all of them saved on my hard drive as well, in case the site goes down.

Nick, that's good to know.
What I'm interested in seeing on there is the Bellingham training bulletin that is evidently floating around out there.
Maybe Drew has it.

Freedom First

Thanks Bill,

I directed the KPD Chief to those links, I had tested them back when I wrote my email. I wonder if they worked... Are they all the same now?

amzbrady

Bill can you add the autozone policy to the site? If so thanks.

OH, Can others add policy? If so I will add the email statement I recieved saying Winco follows state law.

Last edited:

Dogbait

OH, Can others add policy? If so I will add the email statement I recieved saying Winco follows state law.

Winco the grocery store? I thought their policy was no firearms

Sent from my HTC EVO

Drazhar Rakarth

Winco the grocery store? I thought their policy was no firearms

Sent from my HTC EVO

Winco corporate policy is to follow state law! There have been many an OCer with small issues, but their policy at the corporate level is to follow State Law. Remember, the manager can STILL ask you to leave, even if they ARE wrong!

amzbrady

Winco corporate policy is to follow state law! There have been many an OCer with small issues, but their policy at the corporate level is to follow State Law. Remember, the manager can STILL ask you to leave, even if they ARE wrong!

I think it will all be determined on how you present yourself. My experience is people dont pay much attention to those who are not trying to draw attention to themselves.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 8:18 AM
To: MB
Subject: RE: WinCoFoods.com Online Feedback

I think you misunderstood what I said, I said we would prefer you to leave the gun in the car. I did not, in any way, say you are required to, we abide by Washington state laws. If you wear your gun inside and it makes our other customers uncomfortable, our management team may ask you to cover the weapon. We are hoping that you will work with our management team if this occurs and cover the weapon. We are people who want to make all our customers comfortable when shopping.

Cathy D.
WinCo Foods
http://www.wincofoods.com

Bill Starks

State Researcher

Others can add files to the site.

Autozone has given me only a verbal policy. No written policy from them.

joeroket

Others can add files to the site.

Autozone has given me only a verbal policy. No written policy from them.

I had a chat with autozone a few years back and, same as you were told, they follow state law but I was unable to get them to put it into writing as well. The guy I talked with, head of loss prevention or security department, told me that they would prefer to not put it into writing because it then becomes part of their written policy that could possibly draw attention of a higher up that does not want forearms in the stores. I completely understood his policy and was told that if I ever had a problem in a store concerning carrying a firearm within state law to contact him and he would straighten it out. Of course, like I said, that was a number of years back and my phone since then had broken leaving me without his name or number.