Thread: SOB holster - which way is the grip?

in front of my computer, WI

SOB holster - which way is the grip?

I've never used one, but I'm wondering which way the grip goes?
    With my OWB or IWB 2 o'clock carry the bottom of the grip points backwards, so my palm is toward my body.

With SOB, do you grip with the back of your hand against your body, which seems a natural motion, (slide would be to your weak side)

or do you twist your hand to be palm toward your body (which doesn't seem natural) - slide toward the strong side?
    Last edited by MKEgal; 08-23-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

, ,
    I have never used one personally but I believe I would prefer the palm to the body, butt of the gun pointing up because when I pulled the gun I would not necessarily be pointing it at myself as I brought the gun out to the front to face the threat.

A few years ago on the security contract that I used to manage one of the employees shot herself in the foot (literally shot herself in the foot) and every since then I have been very picky about the positioning of holsters. Nothing like a 9mm hole in the foot to drive that point home.
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Do you really think it's nice to call your holster a S.O.B.?

I have a Galco S.O.B. Holster and carry an Auto-Ordnance Pitbull 45 in it.
    The butt goes up, easy to draw. Also very comfortable to wear.
    Life is tough, its tougher when your stupid.

Feds: U.C.C. 1-308, State: U.C.C. 1-207, Both: U.C.C. 1-103.6

Columbia, in the Peoples Republic of Murderland
    An SOB holster should be worn like a strong-side holster, only moved around to 6:00, and tilted toward your strong side...

SO if you are right-handed, the butt would be pointing up diagonally and toward your left shoulder. You would draw the same as if it were strong-side--palm toward the body on the outside of the gun. It seems awkward at first, but if you train with it it comes easily...

You don't want to reach between your gun and your body to grab it (palm out) for two reasons:

1) There is no way to safely lay your finger along the frame to keep it out of the trigger guard as you draw, because that side of the frame is either in your pants (if it's an IWB SOB) or against your belt (if it's an OWB SOB), and
    2) the way you need to rotate your gun to bring it up after you draw makes it MUCH more likely that you will sweep yourself with the muzzle.

It should look like this:
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964