• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time for the next step....

Tucker6900

I feel that it is time we took the next step in our endevour(?) to educate and spread the word. I will be taking a page from the Michigan forum and starting a "List your OC/CC expierence" thread. Feel free to post any time you leave the house with your sidearm. Boring or exciting, eventful or not, post it.

Also, for those of you who are planning on joining me in our first OC walk, I am planning either tuesday or wednesday night next week. I would like to meet in Iowa City, take some time to get to know you, talk about some things, and get everyone on the right page before we head out. Ill keep you posted as to the exact time and date.

matt2636

ive OC while walking the dog a couple times. didnt see many people cause i live in a small town. few cars drove by. no issue.

84Cork

Sooner than we originally thought.....

My wife and I were shooting for 3-5 years to be moved from PA to Iowa. Due to new circumstances, we may be there within 1 year. At least that is our hope. I can not wait to participate with those of you who are starting and continueing to fight the good fight.

Still need to learn more about your laws because PA is a bit free-er when it comes to our 2nd amendment rights. Aand I have had quite a few years to study ours.

I will continue to lurk here daily :) Keep up the good work all.

Tucker6900

My wife and I were shooting for 3-5 years to be moved from PA to Iowa. Due to new circumstances, we may be there within 1 year. At least that is our hope. I can not wait to participate with those of you who are starting and continueing to fight the good fight.

Still need to learn more about your laws because PA is a bit free-er when it comes to our 2nd amendment rights. Aand I have had quite a few years to study ours.

I will continue to lurk here daily :) Keep up the good work all.

Well, we look forward to seeing you here!

There are a couple of main differences between PA and Iowa. I have spent some time in PA as my dad lives in Quakertown.

One of the main differences is our castle doctrine.....that is....we dont have one. In Iowa we are required to "retreat" before using deadly force.

We also have a preemption law that allows local units of government to think that they can pass some laws prohibiting certain areas for carry. We are dealing with that on a play it by ear basis. When one pops up, we try to flood the chambers with members and get them to change thier minds.

Im not sure of how it is in PA, but we are required to ask permission, aka: get a permit, to carry, open or otherwise.

There is alot of information at www.iowacarry.org. However, I must caution you. Open carry talk is not very welcome there. So if your need info for that, post it here, and Ill try and help.

Again, I look forward to meeting you. Carry on!