• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You may not forcibly resist an arrest you believe to be unlawful....

RR_Broccoli

What is the point of opening up this discussion? IK, I like you normally, but you sure seem to be spending a lot more time shooting your mouth off for no reason. Your tone and attitude have taken a bad turn recently.

Here's the exact same thread opening over on AR15.com, posted within 30 seconds of this one.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/461667_You_may_not_forcibly_resist_an_arrest_you_believe_to_be_unlawful____.html

CLEARLY with a duplicate post, you cannot possibly be responding to "fantasies stated here." And if they were, what of it? Who are you to browbeat someone else on the subject?

Go find a forum suitable for bashing gun owners if that's what you want to do. Here, and over on Ar15.com people expect constructive, polite, and informed discussions designed to aid one another. :cuss:

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Yep, I know what you are talking about.
You can "try" to say whay you want at the time, but only a judge will make the dission as to your guilt.
NEVER NEVER try to "fight" a cop on the spot. Your voice is not going to be that big.
Your voice of the real law could be spoken to help make the cops "understand" that you do have some rights, but...
In MY city, you might not ever make it home again...
I would wait to start talking...
A few years back my wife and myself were pulled over by a NC State Trooper. As he approached the car I informed him I had a gun. He gave me a seat belt ticket even though I was wearing my seat belt. A couple years later he was arrested and fired for raping women he was pulling over. Had I not had the gun my wife might have been a victim, though he usually targeted Hispanics. I don't care what court ruling says, if a police officer is committing a crime he is fair game for force.

AaronS

A few years back my wife and myself were pulled over by a NC State Trooper. As he approached the car I informed him I had a gun. He gave me a seat belt ticket even though I was wearing my seat belt. A couple years later he was arrested and fired for raping women he was pulling over. Had I not had the gun my wife might have been a victim, though he usually targeted Hispanics. I don't care what court ruling says, if a police officer is committing a crime he is fair game for force.

I just hope that your wife has a camera rolling if you did have to make a stand against a cop. I'm not sure any less would keep you out of prison (for life).

I guess I just fear Milwaukee cops a little... Ok, a lot...

Cops raping women, now that does put a depressing twist on it though. I just hate the thought of that much prison time, but I also would have to make a stand.

A few years back, a man went to a party in Milwaukee. Turns out the other guests were all cops. He was accused of stealing a badge from one of them. The off duty cops decided to punish the man on the spot. He was raped in the street with a broom handle... Milwaukee cops...

What would "we" do if "we" saw this? It sucks when the only "choice" you have can screw your life up so bad.

So, I should have said "never make a stand against a cop, unless you are prepared for the recourse that will follow". I guess it is true any time a gun might be used in self defense.

I stand corrected.

Interceptor_Knight

CLEARLY with a duplicate post, you cannot possibly be responding to "fantasies stated here." And if they were, what of it? Who are you to browbeat someone else on the subject?...
I pointed out case law on the subject and what the WI Supreme Court had to say about it. They abrogated Common Law Self Defense in the absence of excessive force. Not a single poster here or there mentioned that they were aware of the Case or the Case Law regarding it. That illustrates that the cites ARE pretty informative..:)
I did no brow beating and made no personal attacks and in no way "bashed gun owners". For the most part the discussion has been polite on both forums. Since my OP struck a nerve, I will edit them.
.. IK, I like you normally, but you sure seem to be spending a lot more time shooting your mouth off for no reason. Your tone and attitude have taken a bad turn recently....
Feel free to PM me if there are other examples you wish to discuss. Seriously... if you believe I am being a jerk I am willing to discuss it..

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

I just hope that your wife has a camera rolling if you did have to make a stand against a cop. I'm not sure any less would keep you out of prison (for life).

I guess I just fear Milwaukee cops a little... Ok, a lot...

Cops raping women, now that does put a depressing twist on it though. I just hate the thought of that much prison time, but I also would have to make a stand.

A few years back, a man went to a party in Milwaukee. Turns out the other guests were all cops. He was accused of stealing a badge from one of them. The off duty cops decided to punish the man on the spot. He was raped in the street with a broom handle... Milwaukee cops...
What would "we" do if "we" saw this? It sucks when the only "choice" you have can screw your life up so bad.

So, I should have said "never make a stand against a cop, unless you are prepared for the recourse that will follow". I guess it is true any time a gun might be used in self defense.

I stand corrected.

I remember this being on the news.... The LEO also beat him to a point where freinds and family could not recognize his face.... I remeber seeing the pic's on the news and online.... His face was swelled up real bad.... looked like a black and blue alien or something similar....

Real scary that this can happen to anyone at anytime... when they least expect it....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited: