Thread: Open Carry Fishing in Holly Hill Florida

Open Carry Fishing in Holly Hill Florida

I'm interested in hosting an open carry fishing event in Holly Hill florida. Anyone else interested?

Location Holly Point Park, salt water fishing.
    Date TBD but would like to make it near the 1st of next month (september).

I'd also like to do food, and a park cleanup as well.

We hold monthly OC fishing in the area already. See here: http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Carry/events/21890181/

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    We hold monthly OC fishing in the area already. See here: http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Carry/events/21890181/
    Would your group be willing to do it in Holly Hill?

Maybe if there is a better facility in Holly Hill than what we have been using for the Daytona Area events. Why the specific interest in Holly Hill and where exactly did you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    Maybe if there is a better facility in Holly Hill than what we have been using for the Daytona Area events. Why the specific interest in Holly Hill and where exactly did you have in mind?
    I'm not sure about facilities, what would you need?

The reason I want to do an event here is that we have a great police department with the exception of few officers, and it will raise awareness of open carry in this area.

The location is the Holly Point Park, a major (largest) park in our city, and recently in a city council meeting there were concernes about littler in the park. I remembered that in NH there had been some litter pick-ups, and thought it would make a great news story that open cary fishermen clean park as they pass through.

Quote Originally Posted by GIdeon_70 View Post
    I'm not sure about facilities, what would you need?

The reason I want to do an event here is that we have a great police department with the exception of few officers, and it will raise awareness of open carry in this area.

The location is the Holly Point Park, a major (largest) park in our city, and recently in a city council meeting there were concernes about littler in the park. I remembered that in NH there had been some litter pick-ups, and thought it would make a great news story that open cary fishermen clean park as they pass through.
    If the local enforcement drones are cool with you doing that, it's great. Otherwise, picking up trash could be construed as a detour from going to or from or engaging in your fishing expedition.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.