• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Fishing in Holly Hill Florida

GIdeon_70

I'm interested in hosting an open carry fishing event in Holly Hill florida. Anyone else interested?

Location Holly Point Park, salt water fishing.
Date TBD but would like to make it near the 1st of next month (september).

I'd also like to do food, and a park cleanup as well.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Maybe if there is a better facility in Holly Hill than what we have been using for the Daytona Area events. Why the specific interest in Holly Hill and where exactly did you have in mind?

GIdeon_70

Maybe if there is a better facility in Holly Hill than what we have been using for the Daytona Area events. Why the specific interest in Holly Hill and where exactly did you have in mind?

I'm not sure about facilities, what would you need?

The reason I want to do an event here is that we have a great police department with the exception of few officers, and it will raise awareness of open carry in this area.

The location is the Holly Point Park, a major (largest) park in our city, and recently in a city council meeting there were concernes about littler in the park. I remembered that in NH there had been some litter pick-ups, and thought it would make a great news story that open cary fishermen clean park as they pass through.

77zach

I'm not sure about facilities, what would you need?

The reason I want to do an event here is that we have a great police department with the exception of few officers, and it will raise awareness of open carry in this area.

The location is the Holly Point Park, a major (largest) park in our city, and recently in a city council meeting there were concernes about littler in the park. I remembered that in NH there had been some litter pick-ups, and thought it would make a great news story that open cary fishermen clean park as they pass through.

If the local enforcement drones are cool with you doing that, it's great. Otherwise, picking up trash could be construed as a detour from going to or from or engaging in your fishing expedition.