• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One day left to OC!

livetrapper13

Well tomorrow is my last day of open carry for awhile, because on Friday I will be heading off to the PDR of NY for school. Its been a good summer of OC, and I have greatly enjoyed exercising my rights. But now it is time to continue my edjumacation. I am sure after a few days of walking around unarmed Christmas break will not come soon enough! I hope that all of you will 'hold down the OC fort' while I am away!

Stay safe out there, its a nasty world.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's going to be rough. I know New York is pretty restrictive. Do you have any idea of what other tools you might carry to defend yourself? (taser, baton, mace, etc.) Or are those all illegal too?

livetrapper13

I hear you can carry a cell phone with 911 on speed dial and a whistle.

I will be carrying my cell phone in Condition 1. :lol:

Its a small school and is pretty rural, so crime is minimal; but that does not mean I shouldn't be packing! When I get there I was going to talk to campus security about the legality of carrying mace on campus/off campus. I wouldn't mind having a Kimber Pepperblaster in my pocket!